1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Not time to hit panic button

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Where ever Tracy may be, he must be back by next week to carry the load with Bonzi, if somehow we stick it out til Yao's return (All-Star Break) we will be ok. Even if we fall to 7th or 8th seed, u all kno it makes no difference as long as we are in the playoffs, I was praying for homecourt but that looks highly doubtful with phx, sa, dal, and uta. This is no time for panic and this is no time to throw in the towel (It's barely going to be January!) We must buckle down and go for a decent record with Yao out, do not, I repeat do NOT give up on this team so early, miracles do happen.

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

T-Mac has done it once but i'm not sure if he can do it again.

He can not carry the load of an entire team on that back again.

I would love to see it but his back is not going to cooperate and he'll be down in no time.

We have to bide our time with Yao and hope T-Mac can still pull out some good old fashion Orlando status, if his back will cooperate for more than a month maybe we can get through January in tact.

#2 ShadyMcGrady, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Also, u can't forget January is full of mostly home games.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Best case scenario, 6 week recovery, 2 week get back to form because that 6 week is stationary. So we are talking about 2month from now until Yao's back.
    Worst case scenario could be 12 plus weeks.

Ok, we may, if Bonzi plays like Bonzi and some and Tmac is back to scoring champ of 4 year and a back ago, be able to make up the offensive dificiency. Denfesively, I just dont see how we can patch that big hole Yao left.

Hang up the playoff dreaming.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When the hell is McGrady coming back anyways? They keep pushing the date back.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Big deal. Didn't we have a better road record than home record last season?

7. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Is it just me or does anyone else find it unbearable to watch the Rockets without both Yao and tmac? We seem to have 5 chickens with their heads cut off out there.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's not fair to blame the guys out there. They were trying their guts out. The talent just not there. This is due to the way we build this Franchise and bad salary suitation left over by Rudy.T, missing key free agent like Mike James. I am actually proud of our NBDL squad tonite.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Somebody better have a plan B, because plan A is long gone.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, lets be fair to those guys out there. Bonzi, Shane, Head, Alston, and Howard are complimetary players to be sure. But they are not NBDL level. They are legit NBA players.

The teams we trotted out last year on the other hand...urgh...

11. docgundy

docgundy Member

The last time an 8 seed beat a 1...

The last time an 8 seed beat a 1... 1999 JVG's Knicks.

And his Rockets will do it again this year.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

HELL YEAH WE'RE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Just as soon as we make the playoffs, win three grueling rounds in the WEST and one more round against the BEST Eastern team.

I wonder what the odds are on us now??

13. Omer

Omer Member

That's the spirit. Hell yes we will.

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

I think your signature says it all with regards to your skills at fortune-telling.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

get what we can for tracy and tank?

build for the future around yao....

yao and oden would make a nice "twin towers III"

16. supradai

supradai Member

i wish luther head would practice like gilbert arena and shoot 100 3pointers before and after the game and i think he even does it before and after practices also.. if head can do that I think he can carry some of the load. learn to use picks off of hayes or something and shoot 3's all day like arenas does.

17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Depends on who's the 1st seed. So long as it's not the Suns, they should have a chance. As crazy as it sounds, they have the best chance against the Spurs, IMO.

18. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Actually he does. almost All our players do.

19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If the stars aligned with our health after the all star break and we were the 8 seed matched up with the Spurs at full strength...it would be possible.

I don't think we will see a repeat of the collapse of last season. We will have a losing record, but we will do enough to hang around .500 until the troops start to get back.

Just get in, too much is on the line for us not to. JVG will not listen to excuses. His coaching career may be on the line.

Plus, this is $$$ for Bonzi if he can carry a team for a stretch. Luther has the chance to work on creating his own shot to become a third scorer type of player. This is another chance for Rafer to prove he is the answer at starting point guard. Howard and Battier will not let the team give up.

It is optimistic but anything can happen. The games have to be decided on the court, and the most talented team does not always win.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

No panic button. It's just time to drink some panic beer. Every game. Every time someone attempts a shot.