1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets need to try and void his contract.

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Oddly enough his tweets are like Doc Rocket posts.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL nobody knows. White's totally destroying his future in the league. The org's already supportive because they pay White a godly amount of money to deal with whatever problem he's having. i don't really know what he wants more from the team, because the number 1 question he was asked before the draft was can you handle the NBA life, and he said he could.

Now it seems like he's breaking down and really couldn't handle it. Then why the hell did you choose to become an NBA player then, White? If you're scared of planes, then don't decide to play bball for a living :rolleyes:

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You gotta get on this thing again.

It's not funny-haha, it's more funny-tragic. Schadenfreude as you watch a dummy throw away an opportunity most kids his age would kill for.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

the NBA literally needs to ban players from using twitter, not one single good thing has came out of it

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I've never been disappointed in a player this much. He was my favorite rookie out of the bunch. I didnt expect him to whine like this even after the Rockets allowed him to make his own travel arrangements. smh.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what do the Rockets gain by letting him go? what's the harm in riding this out and see if he comes to his senses?

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

This was just such a bad draft pick. I went from being meh on it, to being moderately optimistic when Morey gave him such high praise, to being meh again when I actually saw Royce play in summer league, and now it looks downright horrible.

At least Morris is currently redeeming himself. So I guess we're back to 1 bad draft pick for Morey.

9. Dei

Dei Member

I'm personally disturbed he describes himself in Twitter as:

Humanitarian, Writer, Entrepreneur, Director and Imaginer.

This guy's a fruit.

1 person likes this.
  10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

OK. I changed my mind. I said I'll support him because he's a member of the Rockets family. But it has now come to White v. Rockets, to hell with White. He's beyond repair and is trying to bring the Rockets down with him.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

This guy is only retweeting the trolls, wtf.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

“@bzank17: @Highway_30 it's not health, health is cancer. You are to scared to get on a plane man, millions do it every day!!!” WHOA! smh

13. Rubik's

Rubik's New Member

This is really sad to see. He needs serious help, but he isn't going to get it from a basketball organisation.

14. fattz

fattz Member

If he has ANY FRIENDS or FAMLIY they need to make/help him stop this crazyness. It is truely sad to see him melt down like this.

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You know, I'm a lot more angry about his "oh look at me, I'm a f***ing martyr" attitude than his actual transgressions against the team. As far as basketball goes, I'm more than willing to give him time to develop, etc. But damn it dude, you're getting paid millions of dollars to be an employee of an organization that's doing a pretty reasonable amount to accommodate your condition. Be a professional.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The distraction could prove more harmful than whatever minimal gain the Rockets would get from riding it out.

We're already at the point where Les Alexander is being hassled with questions about where the heck this guy is hiding and what's he been doing instead of his job.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Wow, SMH this whole thing is very sad. No hate for Royce from me but I think he needs to forget about ball and concentrate on getting healthy. I'm not sure how he can move forward with the Rockets after this.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

you had me almost :mad: :grin:

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's a good point. If he really had drive to succeed in the NBA you would think he would stick to "basketball player". It sounds like he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life.

Some people are like that, fine, but it's hard to play a professional sport and have diverse interests at the same time... because newsflash, playing sports at a professional level is really damn hard and a massive commitment.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he does it a lot...its his way of showing people how insensitive others can be when it comes to mental illness..he's retweeting ignorance......not to smart right now though.