1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[B/R]: Would You Pay Dwight Howard $31 Million?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think anyone would pay Dwight 30M at this point, however a 20M deal for say 3 years is a very reasonable deal, and at this point Dwight's cred is so bad he might be forced to take an even cheaper deal than that.

Most of the people here on the board always have their "grass is greener" shades permanently on. But if you think about it would you rather pay Barnes 20M or pay Dwight 20M c'mon now for all his limitations Dwight is better than majority of the overpaid scrubs we have on the market. You have even have some poster speculating we'd bring Parsons back at 20M and Dwight isn't even worth a look?

Plus, everything depends on expectations, Dwight might not be engaged here in Houston because at the time we were all up his ass promising him the world and the focus of the offense etc, so its understandable he wouldn't be as engaged because in his own words "this isn't what i signed up for". If he gets less than what he expects and nobody courts him anymore then he won't have such big expectations and so would just focus on defense and rebounding, which is his best suit. We'll see, I think Dwight bounces back in a big way next year.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Hes not getting 30, but projecting 10-15 is ridiculous..clearly these guys are planting seeds to get the price down.

He could get like 50 for 2 seasons.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I agree.

Bynum was a jackass and also with serious health issue in his last season in the NBA and there are still teams willing to give him 10 mils for a simple gamble.

Dwight is a much better player than that version of Bynum and even he got some bad reps, there are different GM will have different views on this.

In worse scenario, I do believe there will be teams willing to offer a 1+1 (player option or team option) with the starting range around 20-22 mils per at worse.

Don't think any teams willing to gamble for anything longer than 2 years though, I think he has to do more to earn his next contract.

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Howard is a boy in a man's body

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I can definitely see this, but what are the chances he agrees to a 2+1 yr deal?

The sun is setting, dude wants as long of a contract as possible. i can see him taking $20m/yr if he gets 5 yrs

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

HELLLLLLLL NO. i used ot defend dwight all season then the playoffs came. he couldnt even get 10 pts in game 5 despite playing the whole game.