1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Demar Derozan worth the max?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

FIFY ;)

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Hopefully the Clipps will look to move Redick?

3. i3artow i3aller

Why is L.A. after him?
    [​IMG]

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Why not.. they have a ton of cap space, Derozan is good, and can sell tickets too.

If they land Derozan and perhaps a defensive big and then their young guys develop, they could get back into the playoffs easy.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If we got DeRozan I'd be almost as happy as signing Durant. Or Horford.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If the Lakers sign Derozan, doesn't it sort of make Clarkston or Russell somewhat expendable?

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I don't really see how that's even an argument. I would take Middleton over DeRozan everyday of the week. Some people are all types of stupid. If Middleton can continue to improve his handle he could make the leap to star.

DeRozan to me is a good player no doubt but it's blasphemy to even mention him in the same sentence as Harden and Butler.

Btw I thought Middleton was a SF ideally but has to play SG as the Bucks have zero shooters, am I right or wrong?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not really, more like Swaggy P and or 6th man Lou Will. That is if they don't care about Clarkson's poison pill contract that will have him making like 7 million for the first two years and 23 mill for the two years after (60 mill max I believe)

Russell can start at PG. Clarkson can play backup PG and SG. DeRozan can start at SG and play backup SF. Ingram can start at SF. All 4 players can get 36 minutes each, so realistically, they can keep on of Lou or Swaggy as well.

Russell / Clarkson
    DeRozan / Young
    Ingram / Brown
    Randle / Nance
    Whiteside / Zubac

+ around 15 mill in cap space left to spend front court depth,

How good is that team? Definitely looks like it could catch the 6-8th seed IMO, depending on how the young guys play. Then next off season the cap jumps another 30 million allowing them open up enough space to sign another max contract. Could be a exciting team, but it would be a pretty big leap of faith from DeRozan, in general high risk high reward for whatever superstar first makes the jump to L.A.

If the Lakers aren't interested in matching Clarkson's poison pill contract (regardless of where DeRozan goes) I wouldn't mind us signing him, 15 mill per will be fair value and he's basically the 3rd best PG on the market behind Conley and Rondo.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Toronto granted first meeting with DeMar DeRozan in LA on July 1, sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/clevelanddotcom">@clevelanddotcom</a>. Miami, Dallas, Philly, Lakers could follow.</p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/748566536512638977">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>