1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by trowa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Don't worry Tinman, Kobe most likely will drop a 50+ game during this season, it will be out of need for your exact reason, because the "other scoring options" do suck.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least he's accepting that they suck...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bryant to USAT on whether he's rattled by Lakers' start:&quot;Not even a little bit. I’ve seen it all before. I’m good.&quot; - <a href="http://t.co/DjnViKETj5">http://t.co/DjnViKETj5</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/528002940809011200">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...wait, no he's not.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

The lakers could easily go 0-15... Schedule is pretty hard until Minnesota.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, so far the Lakers ARE following Philly's path, whether they meant to or not.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How long until they win their first game?

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

The Lakers scenario for the coming two years is simply trying to look as decent as they can. Their only savior can be significant cap change next year. When they get rid of the Nash contract and gain a little space to sign somebody really good able to play with Kobe, they have a chance to get into the playoff competition. They can't become a significant team before Kobe retires.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The question is who could they realistically try to get next year. Marc Gasol and Aldridge are the only star unrestricted free agents, and I don't think they are leaving their current teams.

Then you have like Dragic, Brook Lopez, Asik, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe, ect. Good players, but not players likely to be a top 2 best player on a championship team. So who is the really good player they could sign, and why do they go to the Lakers over other better teams with equal cap space?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The summer of 2016, Lakers will have mega cap space without Kobe, the cap itself will skyrocket and they will sign a couple of max deals. Unless KD goes there (which I doubt very much), they will not be championship material.

The Lakers won't ever be what they have been unless they draft the next Kobe, Shaq or LeBron. Free agency won't be their path to the top.

The shine is gone. The best thing for the franchise may be the Buss family selling the team. Jim Buss clearly isn't up to the task.

10. Classic

Classic Member

tags in the thread:

basketball, dwightsanity, homosexuals, lakers, lakers suck, los angeles lakers, nba

the 13 year old in me is laughing his ass off right now

11. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

i guess its the suck haha

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Interesting note I saw on twitter today: Kobe has missed 20 more shots than any of his teammates have *taken*.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Byron Scott gets fired thats like the 3rd coach Kobe doesn't like.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Lakers and Kobe are pathetic.

Kobe dropping on the list of greatest players.

Dropping HARD.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They are in a hard downward spiral. The more Kobe's teammates stand don't actively contribute, the more Kobe is going to shoot which causes his teammates to stand around and watch even more. Pretty soon, they won't even bother walking up court.

I never thought Kobe would ever ask for a trade, but I can tell from the post game interviews that losing like they are is killing him. I really don't think he has it in him to just go numb and go after MJ's scoring title.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Loving every minute of it. :grin:

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I know the Lakers are 0-5, but they are playing exciting basketball and Kobe is worth the price of admission.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/530076089709002752">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Magic, poor guy. This must be killing him too.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually think Kobe is exceeding expectations in terms of overall effectiveness. The offense isn't the lakers' problem its the defense. No one on their team can keep anyone in front of them and you can't blame the 36 year old for that.