1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeanie Buss: "We let him (Dwight) down"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Oct 28, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, I hope she doesn't take over. She gets it and she'll build them back into something if she gets the chance.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dwight was an absolute god fricken zilla in the playoffs. He had a great season. He looks like an 18 year old physical-fitness-wise right now.

I want this guy to punk the whole league this year with some told you so.

God how is it not 9:30 yet!?

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeanne Buss is the only person in the Lakers FO that is worth a damn. Her brother is totally incompetent. It was his arrogance that really gave Dwight that final kick out the door.

As far as letting her brother have enough rope to hang himself, she's probably doing it for personal family reasons more than anything. Thanksgiving dinner would be pretty damn awkward going forward if she fired him without giving him a chance to fail.

#23 Ottomaton, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very classy. It's great she purposely says this to rebut Byron Scott's stupid nonsense.

1 person likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

class move by Jeannie... now she just needs to leave that douche of a significant other...lol

6. Buck Turgidson

This is apparently exactly not what happened, and is a pretty poor take on the state of Lakers management in general. There have been a couple of recent great articles about it.

The Buss family has always been classy, so her comments do not surprise me at all.

7. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

So your saying that the whole story with Jim Buss giving the HC job to Mike D'Antoni while Phil Jackson thought he had an agreement for a weekend to think over taking the job didn't actually happen? That's interesting considering how widely it was reported by the press.

8. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

So your saying that the whole story with Jim Buss giving the HC job to Mike D'Antoni while Phil Jackson thought he had an agreement for a weekend to think over taking the job didn't actually happen? That's interesting considering how widely it was reported by the press.

If you have it handy, I'd love to know where I can find those stories you mentioned that detail this. Don't worry about it if it causes a lot of work. Though.

9. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

My exact thoughts. Plus the fact that she is the direct source, the media really cant twist her words

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LA is 1 dipshiiit city. I feel sorry you have to live there.

11. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

This.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I take a complete 180 view on her comments. They were completely expected and calculated. She's an executive first and maybe a nice lady second. Recently, because they suck, plus Kobe and all of his BS players are not captivated with the Lakers anymore. LOL, even the Clips get more run now. She's just trying to build that narrative up again. Don't fall for her BS.

I actually think Les/Morey and Rox PR need to create some press doing the same. We've got a bad rap with the way we treat players and assets first people second. We need to get some of that counter PR campaign going. I need to see Les holding up and kissing some babies and ****. Same for Morey, need to show he's the nicest smartest guy in the room ;)

13. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think this is a great owner move.

Whether or not she really means it, stuff like that can attract FAs to LA. The owner taking 100% of the blame, talking about former players as well as you would current players.

Smart smart owner. Yet Jim Buss runs the team. :rolleyes:

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy