1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Thanks. This actually clarifies it for me. You think it's a free country, you will post as much as you darn well please about baseball, and if people don't like it or don't like you, too dang bad. Got it.

Not that you will care, but based on your attitude, I will not bother to read what you post anymore. I will never know if you have a valid point, if you are insightful, if you are potentially a baseball genius. I will never be impressed by your passion for the team or the game. That's because you don't give a crap about other people. I hope this isn't how you act in your personal life because the people around you must be tired of being trampled by words.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I actually snorted out some Sprite when I read that one.

3. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Congrejero actually has some good baseball knowledge and does post some informative stuff. Unfortunately that makes up only a small percentage of what he posts.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It's been shown again and again that due to the sheer volume of what he posts, often including both sides of the same argument (sipp is great, sipp sucks, Gattis sucks, Gattis should play more...) that he's bound to stumble upon something right from time to time.

But the only reason I know that is because HE is making it a point to make 10+ posts discussing why HE was right, often replying to his original post to do so.

He's like the Asperger syndrome of this board. He truly doesn't get it. He honestly thinks it's ok as long as it's deemed baseball related, when it really just mucks everything up. If he adamantly refuses to alter his behavior (and judging by tonight's discussion, he won't), I really don't see how anybody could enjoy having discussions here.

Unless the only discussions we have are about him...

5. conquistador#11

my friends, like I pointed out on may 4th at exactly 4 am, during my early bird breakfast, baseball is a long season.

6. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Let me explain why you are WRONG.

First, Sipp is struggling, anyone that says otherwise would not know what is saying. What do you want me to do, be stubborn and just because i said we must re sign him say, dude is awesome, keep pitching him? Sorry, i can't do that, if the guy is playing good, play him, if not, then you have to make changes, sorry, thats baseball. Last year Sipp had a 1.99 ERA with a whip of 1.03, those numbers are excellent, but this year he is struggling.
    Now, about GAttis, i am saying for 2 years the guy is NOT a good DH.
    What, because i said yesterday was a good moment to playhim that is taking both arguments? Actually, i am on record saying that he hits when he catches.

So your 2 examples show that you are really just wrong and you are misjudging me big time.

What i will NOT do is because i said once the player was great, if he plays bad continue to say it just to defend my first position.

Like i say many times, i will say the good, the bad and the ugly.

I like some of you guys TRIED to put me in that box about Hinch, just because i am saying he is doing a good job on games, it does not means that i was wrong about my positions on him in the past. Is just that i will give credit when credit is due, and i will be critical when i see a bad move by our manager.

Do i think Hinch is a great manager? No. I think Bannister has done more with less in Texas, and Hinch less with more in Houston, that is my opinion.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You're still not getting it. Despite multiple people trying to help you. Your post serves as the perfect example of why people can't stand your method of analysis. (If you can really call it that).

Hell, you can't even ignore somebody properly... But it goes along with how you flip flop about everything else. And yet you somehow get worse when you're called out on your BS.

I won't respond to you directly anymore. Get better if you ever want to have another discussion in here. Or don't, continue to post the same drivel in the same mass quantity, and continue to ignore everybody's attempts to point out exactly what is so irritating.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, couldn't watch/listen to yesterday's game. I was psyched seeing the lineup, and yet the 'stro's bats were mostly silenced by a .500 pitcher (Kennedy). Just goes to show... baseball is a funny game. Still, getting a road series win against a tough team (at home) like the Royals is a good thing. And now to take the Angels series.

btw, "ignore" button works wonders. Especially when most/all use it. Just sayin'...

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Well put; baseball is a funny game. Kennedy is one of those guys that just seems to own us even though he struggles against the rest of the league. Still a great series win though...especially fun to romp them 26-9 in the 1st two games. At least we made for two miserable nights for those smug KC fans.

Hopefully we can get to Shoemaker tonight...he's another average guy that seems to pitch really well against us. Arguably should've beat us in the last series had Scocia not kept him in for 1 inning too long. He's been pitching pretty well this season so we gotta try to get to him early. Glad to see that Santiago pitched last night, so we'll miss him this time around.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I've been watching too much TV lately. But this thread/character brings to mind a little mix of Charlie Kelly (Always Sunny in Phil), Dory (Finding Dory, Finding Nemo), and Lolly Whitehill (Orange is the New Black--the girl who thinks the CIA is spying on her, but also seems to have ADD). Actually, Charlie knows about baseball...it's a lot like the episode where he continually speaks coherently but then constantly talks about Wade Boggs, but forgets he's still alive.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did not take long to read the last few pages this morning. One guy doing his thing and a bunch of guys pissing in the wind.

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Mr. Cangrejero51. I appreciate your passion for Astros baseball, I like it. I think most of us are passionate about the Astros, thus why we are here.

Unfortunately, this is no longer about baseball. I really hope that you will learn from this, and hopefully continue to develop as a person (we should ALL strive for this, not just singling you out). How you are posting is not socially acceptable. Not just in an Astros forum on the Internet, but like generally in life. This is a free country, you are allowed to do as you please. But there is courtesy, manners, and generally acceptable social behaviors you should live by (in real life), and post by (here on Clutchfans).

Just because you CAN basically say anything you want in public, except for screaming "fire!" that doesn't mean that you SHOULD say anything and everything that might pop into your head at any specific moment. We should all have that filter, and understand and know what is appropriate and what is not. Completely random example, but I'm not going to go to an AA meeting and go on and on and on about how much I love to drink and what drinks are the best (I don't even drink, so sorry if that's a dumb example). That would be rude, inconsiderate, and unwelcome. I can't justify it by saying "sorry if you don't like it, just talk 'alcohol' or 'anonymous.' Sorry if that example offended anyone by the way. So at this point, every time you say "talk baseball," it means absolutely nothing to what I estimate as 99% of the other members here.

I value many of the posters here (and the list includes but is not limited to: tellitlikeitis, juicystream, Hey Now, cardpire, Major, and many others), but that doesn't mean that I agree with them every single time. That's not because they only post good things about the team, or because they always criticize one player or one coach. They are free to type and feel how they want to, and sometimes I agree, and other times I disagree with their opinion. But it's the way the communication is executed and presented.

Communication is an inexact science, and there are some things that help facilitate conversation, and other things that help shut it down. I'm sorry to say that most of your posts help shut down the conversation, intended or not. So this honestly has nothing to do with baseball, I just hope that you will soak in what so many other helpful posters are trying to say, and implement it to your real life. Perhaps it is due to age, inexperience, or the fact that english is a second language (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that), but please make a real effort to improve your posting habits, and perhaps even your social behavior (if it is anything like you post). I hope you don't take this as a personal attack, I'm not trying to do that.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well said... unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of changing or understanding any of this.

In his mind, he honestly thinks he's rightfully allowed to do what he does because criticism is ok (nobody ever said it wasn't), this is a free country (nobody ever said it wasn't), and he only talks baseball and doesn't attack other people (which is really what everybody here did... prior to his arrival).

He said it himself... he would gladly welcome 100's of posts by the same user if it meant he was talking baseball. There's a disconnect. Not sure if there's another type of message board where 100's of posts in a row is ok (I'm guessing he was used to the ESPN or chronicle "comment" section, which is a far cry from what this place is/was), but he has fundamental flaws that simply don't jive.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Just stop.

Like alligators at Disney World or dingos in Australia, if you keep feeding them, eventually they will eat your babies.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghCTZF61ey0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

As an huge Seinfeld/Curb fan, I appreciate your post. I definitely will. I've previously tried (and failed, like others), but I wanted to let him know that this is much deeper than just baseball at this point, and this is way more than just two or three people ganging up on him, or being bullies. I'm not very optimistic it'll make a difference, but wanted to try helping one more time.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In addition, you claim to be a passionate Astros fan, yet you often give up on the team during a game. In one extreme case, after two batters.

We know you don't like Hinch, but you continually bash in hindsight. If Hinch makes a reasonable baseball move that doesn't work out, you bash him like he's incompetent, rather than just having a move not work. Recent example, the steal attempt by Altuve. Absolutely nothing wrong with that move regardless of who was catching. They were facing a pitcher that is historically very tough on them. It was a low scoring ball game without any signs they were going to break through. It didn't work. It happens. Execution fails and sometimes the other team/player is better than your team/player.

You make claims how you are 'right' so often. Thus, you get piled on the many times you are wrong. You then try to justify your 'rightness' and the battle continues (and I am oftentimes a willing participant). For example, the other day you predicted Reed would hit one out. No big deal. Nothing wrong with making that prediction. So when he didn't, someone mentioned you were wrong about that as well (again, in response to your claims about how often you are right). You then justified it by saying he hit the long foul ball. Just give it up.

You bashed Hinch for not starting Marisnick over Gomez this season. Gomez was still in the throes of his hitting woes and Hinch started him anyway. Gomez had a good game. You said "Nice move by Hinch starting Gomez" AFTER the fact. I guarantee had Gomez gone 0-4 with a couple of Ks you would have been bemoaning the fact he started over Marisnick.

The list goes on and on.

1. You're as right about things as often as most people on this board. No one else boasts about it.

2. If you're such a passionate fan, quit giving up on them so often during the games.

3. Quit using such 'absolutes' such as the Astros MUST sign Sipp.

4. Quit jumping to conclusions. Baseball is a 9 inning, 3 hour game and a 162 game season. Wanting to cut a player after 3 appearances (e.g. Fister) is as ridiculous at the beginning of the year as it is saying that Fister will be the top 2017 starting pitching free agent in the middle of June.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

With the mixture of sunflower seeds and water in the dugout, at some point, you gotta think a dugout is just going to swallow an entire team. And you just have to hope it's the Cardinals. Do NOT feed the dugout.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If people did just ignore him, maybe his posts would be cut down to half that. Still annoying, but better just to ignore him. I'm happier for doing so. He's been on my ignore list for a long time, but for a long while I would still respond to him before realizing there is no point.

19. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I see cangra has broken his own posting record for a thread. Impressive stuff, some funny posts on this thread in response to him too haha

20. conquistador#11

i never got the allure of sun flower seeds. they seem pointless.