1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Feb 23, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

saying
    Rondo to LaL
    Pau to Houston
    Scola Martin Dragic to Boston

who plays pf for the lakers? Metta??lol

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

should free up those 3

[​IMG]

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Is there a chance we trade directly with Boston? I mean the 'Big 3' are 'on the market' and perhaps KG is a better fit than Gasol. Maybe they can package him with Ray Allen. Ray could come off the bench as 6th man and brings veteran leadership.

PG: Lowry/Flynn
    SG: Lee/Allen
    SF: Parson/Morris
    PF: Garnett/PPat
    C: Dalembert/Hill/Smith

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still don't understand why Boston would be trading Rondo. He's the one player they should be holding onto, so they have someone to build around when the big three leave.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rondo being a semi prick.... acting like he is the boss....

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Tough luck for him. He has 4 years left on his contract and is being paid $10M+ per season. They should tell him to shut up and do his job. I'd go so far as to say it's bad for the NBA if Boston caves to his demands. Don't want to establish the precedent of a high paid guy on a long-term contract picking where he wants to go.

10. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

the future rockets... exciting....

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I hope that's not "realistic". I'm all for trading them but if trading all that only nets us a 31 year old 18 million dollar player (ie overpaid) then I'm hanging up without a goodbye.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

deron williams and dwight howard are the first 2 to fall, nothing of the tier 2 stars will occur until that happens.

I'm 99% certain that Lowry + ? for D-Will is Morey's #1 goal mind you.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Howard has to get traded and say "I'm signing an extension with X team" before D-Will gets moved. New Jersey is waiting to see if they can combine the two and are working hard to convince Howard to sign with them.

If we can't snag Howard with an extension, then our best-case scenario for getting D-Will would be for Howard to be traded to some team who is set at PG and/or can't afford to bring D-Will over. The Clippers or the Bulls, for instance, though I shudder to think how good either of those teams would be combining their PG play with Dwight.

I do think offering Lowry would make us a frontrunner for D-Will if he becomes available and if would sign an extension here (two big "ifs").

I think our best case realistic scenario is as follows:

1) Trade for Pau Gasol using Scola and bench players/other assets (in other words, without including Martin or Lowry in the deal)
    2) Dwight goes to the Clippers, Bulls, Thunder, some team which already has a superstar PG and doesn't want D-Will
    3) D-Will agrees he would sign an extension to play with Gasol and our deep team, we trade for him using Lowry + expirings

A lot would have to go right for us, for all that to happen. It's not very likely in other words, but it's something I could definitely see playing out in real life, so that being the case I think it could be classified as "realistic".

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think DWill gets traded. I don't think Howard does. I think Orlando will call his bluff by not trading him. Then I'd say it's 70/30 that he resigns with the Magic.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

NJ will bank everything on Dwight signing with them in free agency if that happens. I doubt they will trade D-Will. They will just wait it out and make a pitch to Howard in the off season. They have the cap space.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They could do that but I think their mgmt sees that if Howard is not traded at the deadline, then they have to talk Howard into playing:

1) on a losing team.
    2) on a team that has a high state income tax (vs 0) and much higher cost of living.
    3) for 30 million less (not including the tax bite which on his salary is very significant).

Huge gamble on NJ's part and personally I think they wise up and fold.

17. ThaShark316_28

Nets are hoping they don't have to deal Williams (obviously). They are probably watching the Magic and Howard, wondering what might happen. If Howard goes somewhere where he wants to stay, then that's the second the Nets trade Williams. Otherwise, they'll stick to their guns and wait this out and bank on Howard coming to Brooklyn. Williams staying in NJ/BRK is all on what ORL does with Howard.

I think it goes: (for the deadline)

Howard to wish list team; Williams traded, too
    Howard stays, Williams stays
    (long shot) Howard to rental team; Williams stays
    (longer shot) Howard rental team; Williams to rental team
    (Hell nah, no chance) Howard and Williams end up in same place via trade

No way, by the way, the Nets get Howard before July. Magic don't want a thing the Nets got.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Is it that huge of a gamble? Can't they still get something back for D-Will in a SnT?

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think it goes like this:

Lowry, Martin, Scola, Dally for Dwight, Hedo, Duhon, QRich.

Then NJ caves and takes Patterson, Dragic, expirings, and a couple picks for DWill.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we have to trade all that for Dwight, we're not getting D-Will, and Dwight will leave in free agency.

You have to hold onto Lowry if you trade for Howard. And that's why we probably can't get him, though I don't think it's impossible.