1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas or Miami. Who will win the NBA title?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by m_cable, Jun 3, 2006.

Tags:
?

Who will win the NBA title?

1. Dallas

38.0%
  2. Miami

62.0%
  1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Might as well get this down for the record. It's public for bragging rights.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Dallas in 7

Shaq is getting old and Dallas is just to damn deep.

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Dallas in 6.

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Dallas in 7.

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Miami at home in 6, Shaq gets his fourth Finals MVP...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you look at the lineups, depth charts, and theoretical matchups, the Mavs have the edge. If you consider how each side is playing as a unit, the Heat are better right now.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Miami in 6.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dallas has to be favored. Better depth. Home court advantage. And most of the matchups favor them.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Miami.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Game 6 would be in Dallas.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh yeah, the finals changes to a 2-3-2... Hmm... Damn, it's a big advantage for the home team, huh? Never noticed that, still Miami in 6 or 7.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

As much as it pains me to say it, but Dallas in six.

I think they have more depth than Miami. I think Jason Williams does something stupid. I think Antoine Walker and Gary Payton will cry about something.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

head = dallas

heart = miami

come on heart!

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm really really excited about these Finals. This has been a great playoffs.

I'm predicting Miami to win, but I think I'm kind of pulling for Dallas.

I know that makes me a jerk.

:(

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dallas have won something like 10 games in the last 12 encounters against Miami.

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Me too. I want Dallas to win mostly because of Avery Johnson. I still can't believe how this mediocre NBA player all of sudden becomes this genius NBA coach. And you can't just say he had a good team, 'cuz it's the same team Don Nelson had and that team went nowhere.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think Dallas is a tough match up for the Heat, plus Dallas has the home court. I absolutely love D.Wade. I don't love Shaq, Payton, or Walker. I really like Dirk, but I can't stand Howard or Terry. Nevertheless, Dallas wins. Even though Wade will further confirm his superstardom. Another Texas NBA championship. If the Rockets can reload, the Texas triangle will not be a fun road trip for any NBA team.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

There is no team in NBA history can win it all without the blessing of the refs. Dallas obviously has the edge at this point.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Doesn't mean crap when it comes to the playoffs, where adjustments are made each and every game after a loss.

Miami has to win one of the first two games... I don't see Dallas losing all three in Miami... thus it will come down to a 6 or 7 game series.

All I know is that Rockets fans better pay attention... Miami employs the same system that JVG instills (obviously based on Riley), but they have much better personel and are able to take it to the next level (much like the 2004 Rockets). If they're able to control the offensive tempo and execute, like they did numerous times against a really good Detroit defense (although not as good as they used to be), Miami will be in good shape.

Also, I have a feeling that Riley is going to preach defense and turn this series into a slugfest (why wouldn't he... Dallas looked more beatable in a slow-down series against the Spurs, than the fun-and-gun series against Miami). Dallas will obviously have to adjust back to the grind-it-out approach that worked so well against SA... but they've yet to face an offensive talent like Dwayne Wade (As much as you think Ginobili is god... just wait till you see what he'll do this series).

I know you all think that since Dallas beat SA they should run over Miami... but I like Miami's depth more than SA's... and not only do they have depth, they have FIERY guys like Mourning and Payton who really WANT this thing.

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

My hatred for all things Dallas is too great. As much as I hate Payton, long after he is dead, my hatred for Dallas will still be there.
    Go Heat.

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

I hope Wade wins it. He's a good Christian guy. Donated 10% of his NBA salary to his church.