1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Stein]Rockets one of VERY interested teams to steal Steve Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Nothing new here, just thought I would share. Sorry if this has already been posted.

ESPN

Lets hope the remaining season for the Suns goes downhill from here.

Do you think their trade has made them better or worse?

2. snc

snc Member

How does Nash fit with this team? One of the best players I've ever seen but he will be 37 in February, that doesn't exactly fit with what we are trying to do.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He would have been nice to have with a healthy Yao as contenders, but I'd be surprised if the rockets made a move for the older Nash now.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Media chatter.

5. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

It would be incredibly stupid to trade for steve nash. Were a rebuilding team and our steve nash would not make us a championship contender. We would be better but not good enough

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Rockets are interested in everyone these days.

1 person likes this.
  7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

He might. We still don't really have an orchestrator for our offense; no one to really go through. Yao would've been that guy but, well, it's Yao. Scola can be that guy, but not really every night. Brooks is a good shooter, but a not-so-good play-maker. Martin couldn't carry the Kings, so there's no reason to believe he can suddenly carry the Rockets. Lowry could be an orchestrator, I suppose, but are they willing to bench Brooks? Probably not.

I don't worry about Steve Nash's age so much as I would someone who bases their game on athleticism. In addition, the type of instruction and direction that a player like Nash could give our young team could prove to be invaluable in the future when he's not playing with us.

That said, his defense is an abomination, much like Brooks/Martin.

8. AggieRocketsFan

The Daryl Morey Plan:

Trading assets for a star

Sounds like it fits to me! ;)

Nash may be 37 but he still has years to go and he will sell tickets.

9. AggieRocketsFan

How could making a trade for Steve Nash be stupid? I don't understand.

10. Htown's2kFinest

If we could ever get Nash on the team, Jordan Hill better be starting then or we better have another option at center besides Chuck Hayes. His skill set would be a waste here if he's dishing to to Chuck Hayes on the PnR all the time.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

The rockets are part of ALL trade talks these days. sign of a very very hardworking organization

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He would instantly fix any issues we have with closing in the 4th quarters.

Bad defender, but then our perimeter D can't get much worse.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

You make the deal today, if possible. Sarver wants cap relief to rebuild, so we could make a deal at minimal cost. Nash becomes your closer, floor general and someone either Lowry or AB can learn from...whoever is still around past this season.

14. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

I just dont see Nash as a long term part of our plans, DM is gonna try to get something from every deal that goes down though

15. snc

snc Member

Trading some of our many assets for a star-caliber player sounds great, I'm just worried about his age. He's also only under contract for a couple years, and I don't really feel like he's enough to make us contenders by 2012.

TSchmal you're right about not relying on athleticism but he does use his speed.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Band Aid to sell tickets unless you can flip Nash for another superstar that would lead the team.

DD

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't really understand why they would bring Nash in.

I dont believe this report.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think Nash can lead this team. He shoots better than Brooks and creates better than Lowry. He'd be killer in the PnR with Scola.

19. AggieRocketsFan

Well Nash makes everyone around him better. If we were able to steal him, Morey would do everything to build a contender around him before it's too late.

Nash also gives free agents a reason to come to Houston.
    Nash + Dwight Howard? :grin:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, but for how long?

As our younger players mature, Nash will break down and we will be stuck leaderless yet again.

Nash is the guy you acquire if you are one piece away, it is an improvement over both our PGs no doubt, a big improvement, but he can't play center......

DD