1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will be Kevin Martin's first show?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ppzh, Feb 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ppzh

ppzh Member

He needs to pass physical first, when is his scheduled first show?

2. brosef

brosef Member

hopefully tomorow.

3. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I'm guessing tomorrow since they passed their physicals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-new-lookrockets&prov=ap&type=lgns

HOUSTON (AP)—The practice almost felt like the start of a new season—and era — for the Houston Rockets.

New acquisitions Kevin Martin(notes), Jared Jeffries(notes), Jordan Hill(notes) and Hilton Armstrong(notes) passed their physicals and watched their new team work out Friday, a day after Houston acquired the quartet in a three-team swap that sent Tracy McGrady(notes) to New York.

And for the first time in months, the remaining Rockets could finally take the court without facing distracting questions about McGrady. The seven-time All-Star met the New York media earlier in the day, officially ending his rocky six-year tenure in Houston.

The big prize of the class of new arrivals for Houston was Martin, a 6-foot-7 shooting guard highly regarded by both Rockets coach Rick Adelman and general manager Daryl Morey.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Coach said he would throw him right out there...interesting though in the post practice interview I thought he said that two guys would be thrown out there, I wonder who is the other guy?

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

He was probably talking about Jordan Hill. We need size to guard Roy Hibbert and Jeff Foster.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

He was probably talking about Jordan Hill. We need size to guard Roy Hibbert and Jeff Foster.
    That also means Martin will play starter minutes! Yippi! :) :)

7. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

He already knows Adelmans system so tomorrow would not be a stretch.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Either Hill or Armstrong along w/ Martin

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

obviously jeffries

10. devilsdandruff

i think so too.

11. mic

mic Contributing Member

Can't wait to see him in action as a Rocket!

12. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXKiUJS3tCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXKiUJS3tCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Martin and Jeffries.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Jefferies. I watched Adelman interview.

15. Shunter

Shunter Member

Martin said on 610 earlier that he would be playing but didnt think he'd be starting.

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

So of the four guys we got obviously KevMart is playing. But are the other three guys going to be dressed or in a suit on the bench? How many players do we have on our roster right now?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm guessing it's martin and jefferies, both are vets, have been around enough where they can jump in on the fly, especially martin who knows the system. And why is everyone suggesting Hill for size? Y'all do realize Armstrong is bigger, right? Hill isnt a center, Armstrong is a 4/5, don't let the limited PT fool ya, he can mix it up for a few mins if needed. I'd rather have chuck spend time at the 4 and armstrong at 5 than hill and chuck at the 4/5.

18. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I agree we're gonna miss carl off the bench but i think the 2 are going to be Kevin and Jared... I'm wondering how this is going to work out i'm interested to see Jordan play i hope he lives up to his potential which from what i've heard is a poor mans chris bosh (i hope the dreads aren't the only thing they have i common). I cant wait for the big fella to come back.

19. Mr. Space City

will his rockets pe jordans be done in time? :grin:

20. battousai

battousai Member

it makes sense for martin of course, jeffries due to our lack of backup $ behind Scola. Hill is just a replacement of dorsey, a raw prospect with high protential. we may even see some PT from armstrong at the 5 backing up.