1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Sergio Llull: When will we see him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, Feb 11, 2010.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Any one have any information about when we might see Sergio in a Rockets uniform? atleast for the summer league?

I'm sure this has already been posted, but I ran across this video last night while trying to find information on this and really liked what I saw.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/introducing_sergio_llull_shed_2010_01_21.html Rockets' VP of Basketball Operations Sam Hinkie breaks down film featuring Houston's second round selection Sergio Llull

I could see the Rockets moving Lowry in the offseason if they are confident in what they see from Llull. Lowry is one of my favorite guys on this team, but he could definitely be a nice expendable trade piece if Llull is developing.

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

the vid is old.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Probably year after next when his current contract ends.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Which is why I said I'm sure the vid had already been posted, I just thought I would post it with my questions. Thank you for pointing that out though.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

earliest look is maybe the summer league this year if they can bring him over if he isnt playing in the euro league at the time

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

never?

nah, In all serious...next years training camp if we can't resign Lowry.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

8. anchel

anchel Member

9. wadero

wadero Member

10. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I like the guy, but I don't see how adding him will help this team. Maybe if we were to give up some of young core he would fit, but for right now a 7 footer is our only requisite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even with all the trade talk I don't see any of the possible incoming players filling the void of Yao and Deke. We went from a very scary team to a team that scares its fans. Adding another quick small player to that doesn't seem to work...

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

13. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

Well obviously we're not bringing him over this season and most likely not next, so the team he comes to may look dramatically different from the team we're seeing now. The only way I see him getting in the rotation though is if one of our PG's gets traded or injured. And if things go according to plan we'll get our 7 footer back next year.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Very very true. But even though this kid has some skills, I still like Cbud a lot more. Maybe it's my Arizona bias, but Chase has a tenacity unmatched. I think Lull just would be a backup to Brooks and Lowry and really not see the light of day. He's good, but he's good at a position we are already pretty much covered on. Between Brooks, Lowry, Bud, and Temple (not to mention pushing down a Shane Battier or Trevor Ariza) we already have a pretty full house...

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

He is AB 2.0 ... ;)

16. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

they might tade brooks since we have lowry and lull looks to be a great steal who knows.

17. mi0304

mi0304 Member

What about Brad Newley?

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

More like Malick Badiane 2.0.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Lull should actually make a roster at some point. Badiane was always called raw, but his athletic talents were inticing.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Meh. Nothing to get excited over. He'll probably toil as a 12th man before heading back to Europe. The "Bad Man" is freaking terrible though.