1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So happy for Kubiak and Phillips!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Jan 24, 2016.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Superbowl bound after being fired by the Texans! Just goes to show that maybe all the injuries we had were the cause.......and not the coaches. I don't see O'Brien taking us to a Superbowl this year.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

or how about their extremely good defense and smart qb who is a coach on the field. All those things were lacking while Kubiak was there. What would happen if Manning wasn't allowed to audible? That's Kubiak's style after all. Manning forced Kubiak to go against many of his strategies.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Congrats Kubes!

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yes so happy for Kubiak and Wade. Would love to see a Phillips finally get a ring.

Not to derail, but makes you think about who should've been the one to be let go with the Texans.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

There will always be those who give him no credit but they aren't going to a Superbowl...LOL

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Broncos are just a better run organization. I'm glad the Broncos won and I hope it lights a fire under McNair and the rest of the Texans leadership watching Kubes and the gang go to the Super Bowl.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Certainly does! Maybe a man whose first name rhymes with Dick.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Having Ware/Von Miller raising hell on every single snap could actually carry this team to a SB.

Kubes/Manning and the offense in general is actually their weakest aspect.... all this talk about audibles/etc. is pretty anti-climatic. They're a shell of what most Kubiak offenses have been, audibles or not.

But that defense... its exactly the hell-raising scheme some here had in mind when they kept going after edge rushers in the first round.

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I'm happy for Kubes and co. I have no ill will towards them.

But you are foolish to think that if they would have kept him after a 2-14 season then the Texans would be going to the Super Bowl.

It's a completely different roster between 2013 Texans and 2015 Broncos. Matt Schaub absolutely sucked in 2013 and has sucked since. The Kubiak era in Houston had run its course and it was best for all that it ended.

Also, Kubiak hasn't completely transformed Denver. News flash, Denver was great before Kubiak, and they went to the super bowl 2 years ago.

So congrats for Kubiak, but stop with the delusion that the Texans should have kept him.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Hell im still pissed that kubiak refused to upgrade to manning from schaub as schaub was beginning his descent into a qb dumpster fire.

11. vonbock

vonbock Member

I am happy for Kubes. I think it was Schaub that was the downfall of the Texans. It was Kubes fault for holding on to him for so long. Above posters were right, Kube inherited the Broncos with all the pieces in place. He didn't inherit a 2-14 team and took them to Superbowl next year.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Your timeline is off... Schaub was coming off an injury when Manning was available (coming off his neck injury), and he proceeded to descend to a 11-1 record (including a victory vs. Manning in Denver).

In way hindsight, you can complain all you want... but at the time, it was a very close call that took another 2 years to really become a for-sure debacle.

1 person likes this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm happy that Peyton beat Brady in what is likely his last game, but Denver's offense is a trash and they were completely carried by their D. If they play Carolina in the Super Bowl they wont score a TD on offense.

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

2011 Broncos 8-8

Peyton manning arrives, tebow leaves

2012 Broncos: 13-3
    2013 Broncos: 13-3 (went to the super bowl)
    2014 Broncos: 12-4

Fox out, Kubiak in

2015 Broncos: 12-4 (Super Bowl)

Obvisouly it's all because of Kubiak that Denver is in the super bowl. The last 3 years with john fox and Manning being great was just a fluke.

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

This! The descension (of the offense) occurred somewhere after the thanksgiving game 2012 against the Lions. The last hurrah for Schaub was the second half against the Chargers in week 1 in 2013.

The idea of signing Manning is purely revisionist history.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's OK, we kept Rick Smith.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, most people criticize franchises for waiting too long to make moves... Denver made a move before the bottom fell out. This team is simply more beatable with another year of Fox/Gage rather than a fresh-look with Kubiak/Wade.

In hindsight, the Texans could/should have done the same after 2012, although nobody would have believed if they had done it.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wade dials up amazing defenses his first year with a team. It's a pattern that's repeated regularly.

It's unfortunate the Texans lost Schaub for Wade's first year here.

Kubiak doesn't break the mold in any way as a coach... But that's ok. He's not coaching up a team really. Just coaching a great team to where they should go in a weak AFC.

I hold no grudges. Hope he wins. But also pulling for the NFC squad.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm happy for both Kubiak and Wade. Mainly because they seem to be good guys. I also think they are good coaches. They have both had success in the league before this year. That 2-14 year was just a huge cluster with all the injuries and Schaub losing his ability to move faster than a snail.