1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I appreciate the link but I don't even think it's interesting. The writer is making a mountain out of a molehill with that one as it pertains to MLS. Conte's choices are more a reflection of Conte, his issues with certain players(like every other coach/mgr in the world) and his current mediocre crop of Italian players from forwards to midfielders.

1. He has problems with Giovinco. He had issues with him before Giovinco even left for MLS, when Giovinco played for him at Juve. If he wasn't going to pick someone like Giovinco (young, in good form albeit in a league comparable to the Scandinavian leagues) over players like Immobile, Eder and Zaza(3 players who barely scored 10 goals in total this calendar year) then that's more a reflection on Conte's pettiness.

2. Pirlo is 37. If Conte needed to select and depend on a 37 year old midfielder(no matter how great) in the twilight of his career, then that would have been an even more damning indictment as to the lack of quality in the midfield for the Italian team. Pirlo has no business being on any major national team in Europe right now. He's in retirement mode. While Giovinco is balling out week in and week out, Pirlo basically gives zero F**ks and rarely shows either skill or effort on the pitch.

MLS will be alright.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Hmmm so after the Celtic rumblings were denied by Canetti now Coyle and the Dynamo mutually part ways? I guess it makes sense for him to go back to the UK and be closer to his family but as you wrote above, he never made sense as coach of the Dynamo.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How successful were the Dynamos in the postseason? (were they in the postseason?)

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

They were undefeated last postseason. (they didn't make it)

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's like every Houston team this year has been poisoned with stupid. Have we checked our tap water for lead?

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/26/whos-next-houston-five-potential-candidates-dynamo-job

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:cool: Hello, y'all.

I just wanted to drop by to say this to Mr. OWEN COYLE:

[​IMG]

MR. OWEN... before he lost one more to make it 6:
    [​IMG]

8. Beavis Stiffler

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

definitely surprising. Every comment on the article said the same thing. You gotta think he is involved somehow

10. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JAANY__fFR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

awaiting more rico hate....

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It was a great goal. Nothing more to say...right now.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

14. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Meh. I'm guessing he was the one in charge for the last 2 games and was largely responsible for the lineups thrown out there. I thought the removal of Coyle hopefully meant the removal of Bruin...but I was wrong. Bruin must be the best practice player ever while Torres must be the worst.

17. Beavis Stiffler

I guess it's good news that Giles Barnes will be back with the Dynamo after the 1st round of Copa America is done.

18. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0v2QxD8DOBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Bob Barker 007

A couple of horsesh!t PKs for Portland. Why are the MLS refs so awful?

1 person likes this.