1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TDRox, Jan 22, 2015.

1. TDRox

TDRox Member

I know we can't truly believe he is a "cancer" and by all accounts he's a good guy and I'm not saying he is a cancer in the locker room or anything, but at some point you have to look at what is going on. It's not a tangible thing, some players are just not conducive to winning. Look at what happened when he left Detroit. Look at what has happened here. He's a talent, yes, and I'm glad he's coming off the bench, but for whatever reason, it's just not working.
    The stupid 3s, dumb turnovers etc. I'm pretty sure I can shoot a better percentage than Josh Smith on 3s. But you know what I can't do? Block shots, play defence, get tough rebounds. He can. Yet he still takes those 3-pointers, hoping it's the 2 out of the 10 times it goes in, instead of playing to his strengths.
    I'm not putting the entire blame on him, but you can't ignore our chemistry issues since he's been on the team.

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Can't blame Josh Smith. He did not do anything wrong. Dwight's lack of effort is THE major concern.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The Josh Smith experiment has been a complete and utter failure.

Now I want to hear what those people who told me "but we can just cut him" want to say about him. Because he's not going anywhere. We are stuck with him and he's gonna continue to take away minutes from players who can contribute more with much greater efficiency.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

josh smith is not why we are losing, but i understand we need a scapegoat. because surely, at our core we are the best team in the league and we should never lose.

so....
    [​IMG]

5. TDRox

TDRox Member

Not saying he's a scapegoat, just stating that for whatever reason, he makes team worse. You can't deny the results. If Dwight's effort sucks, hey who knows, maybe Josh and him are clowning around, losing focus, etc. I'm saying it's not a quantifiable thing, some players are just perpetual losers wherever they go, just like some players are winners, despite talent, team etc.

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Josh Smith's offense isn't the problem, we all know he isn't a good shooter, but I can't stand up his defense, his defense is too suck now

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How about your all-star center that was once a top 5 player in the NBA?

Smith is just a role player, he's not going to dominate every night.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Or maybe we lost a game on the home court of the best team in the league, and that's ok. For now.

The rotation needs adjustments, that's for sure.

9. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Agreed. I think TJones will be a huge help against teams like the Warriors. I think it will take TJ about 3 games to get his feet back under him and after that we will see the player that we all knew would be much better than Chandler Parsons.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

they didn't just lose they got dominated, destroyed, embarassed at their home court and their own home court just a few days ago. twice in the same week in 2 different cities.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'm glad Josh drew that double Tech...at least he showed some emotion. If I was Dwight I would've punted the ball into the bleachers after the shocking way they officiated him.

Josh was hit on the side by Drammond Green & also had contact from Lee with no call, after watching every flop and feather touch called for the Warriors, I'd be mad too.

It's just funny that Josh got tossed for swearing, but Curry was allowed to stay on the court after charging at Ariza & carrying on like a spoilt child.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's hard to ignore. The team from top to bottom was giving good effort before Josh Smith, and now it's flat-out quitting with defensive brainfarts all over the place.

The play obviously is about the whole team and not Smith, but you have to wonder what's going through the minds of the players right now. Perhaps they saw a hard worker in practice (Tarik Black) get cut for a guy signed off the streets--who immediately started by the way over another deserving player in D-Mo--and now the result is just the backlash of a perceived lack of accountability from the coaching.

Something is up though, and right now our saving grace might be TJones returning to supplant Smith's minutes in the rotation.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So this loss, and others since he got here, should fall on the shoulders of Josh Smith and his intangible yet perpetually losing aura. Some of you are just ridiculous. Smh

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

^ Reminds me of what people used to say about Shane barrier. Well, the opposite.

15. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Make some sense. McHale is the cancer enabler

16. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

can we pls waive him and go to 7 games winning streak?

17. bmd

bmd Member

It's the Francisco Garcia effect. The team looks like **** ever since they cut Garcia.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's not because of Josh Smith. The team has lose consistent defensive effort since Howard's return

19. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I'm glad Josh Smith got ejected....He actually showed some damn emotion out there.

20. battousai

battousai Member

Josh Smith is and always will be the types of player that we knew before we got him. He was basically a steal for us. Now how we use him to his fullness is up to the coaching staff. So dont go blame on a player, you can bench him, cut him, or train him. Besides he's running the second team, we have nobody to dish the ball on our second team, so thats that.