1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our team has gotten thuggier since the addition of Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

We didn't choose the thug lyfe. The thug lyfe chose us.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All you guys claiming I'm racist off the choice of the word "thug" are idiots. Yes our team is playing dumber and thats part of it. But we are just doing immature and childish things. Maybe indignant is a better word, but im sure some people will draw racist overtones from that word too. Stupid doesn't begin to encapsulate the attitude our team has had recently. The golden state game was a tipping point. Harden purposely fell into a referee, he is lucky he has not been fined for that. Ariza clearly bumped into Curry to try and start some ****. Smith pouted to a double technical and exit from the game. Nothing we did earlier in the season looked remotely like that.

We got our asses wiped and tried to do little punk **** to get back at Golden State or show how " tough " we are. Lost in all of this is the fact that we could not hold our mental focus and play smart for more than a few minutes at a time. The addition of Josh Smith and the return of Dwight has clearly been a transitional point in our team style. We are no longer the defensive team from early in the season. Our effort and more importantly our rotations are lacking.

Call it , not smart, childish, highschool, idiotic, or thuggish .... it doesn't matter. This team needs a mental readjustment. The talent is there to at least keep games close. The previous two examples of our games against GS show that we can compete with them until the end. Theoretically, with two more talented pieces added, we should be even closer.

If you cant tell that the attitude of the team has changed then i don't know what games you are watching. My whole arguement is that not only has our level of play changed, but the way in which we play has changed. The current rockets are playing like entitled idiots who only win games off the brilliance of Harden and pure volume of made 3's.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just because it sounds bad doesn't mean its not true. Everyone can watch the game tape, the trend is going in this direction. At the beggining of the season we had more mental focus and had a better attitude in general. I know that losing is causing part of the negativity but it is creating a snowball effect that now we lose because we have a bad attitude and have a bad attitude because we lose. Its a cycle and hopefully we can snap out of playing this way soon.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Thug can mean a lot of different things to different cultures. So it is very difficult to assess the meaning when we are from different cultures. My hope is that people on the GARM will choose a word we all understand clearly, like dumb, ignorant, stupid, or not smart. Let's simplify our statements and then lets debate accordingly.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope you snap out of your bigotry cycle.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thug life!

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Funny how only black people are ever called thugs.

Anyways eat crow OP. Most valuable smoove.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We've been thugged out since cub scouts.

This aint new, foo

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

G'd up from the feet up.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this thug had averages of 17/6/4 at 51% from the field and 39% from three. 39 percent from three on 4.6 attempts. plz come back smith

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The Smoove haters can STFU!!!

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sheeeeeed!

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

^Complains about the word thug... Then uses it like it's a good thing.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So much fail in the first few pages lol

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Every thug needs a ladaaaaaay

17. errpac

errpac Member

Whatever Josh Smith been doing in the first round of the playoffs has been perfectly fine by me. Keep doing jsmooth.

18. errpac

errpac Member

My bad didn't mean whatever, because there's obviously stuff he can improve such as ft shooting , turn overs, bad fouls. But overall I've been very very satisfied with jsmooth in the playoffs so far.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D7YTrp6E3eg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Josh Smith has helped us win countless games this year. With the lack of adequate pg play, dude is effectively creating plays for us.

20 points and 9 dimes today? Thug!!!