1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets Among Teams Interested In Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 18, 2009.

1. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Like I said in another post, we need an established pg as much as a backup center (well, maybe not as badly, but still a major need).

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

and so the offseason has officially begun.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

7. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

How about McGrady, Battier, Berry, and Lowry for Nash and Shaq? Hehe, according to RealGM that trade works.

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

9. choujie

choujie Member

Don't know if Morey still have enough magic to pull this off.

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

He'll be 35 by playoff time next year. Are we sure we want that?

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Only if T-Mac plays like he's 45 by next year's playoffs.

12. Mr. Space City

man, hell no

we need to stop trying to get declining aging superstars past their prime and build-up the young talent we have in brooks/lowry

13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

We're going to have to give up Brooks and more to get someone like Nash and if you asked me before the postseason if I would do it, I'd say yes. Now, I really don't know. Nash on Portland would be scary though, seeing that Blake had a lot of open 3's but just failed to knock them down against us. It could have been a very different series if the Blazers had Nash instead of "date rape face" Stevie Blake.

14. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Instinctively, I am all over this trade. Hell yes! Bring in the best PG of the last decade!

But after thinking about it, I am not so sure I want to do it if it requires giving up Brooks. This isn't the Nash of 4 years ago, and Brooks showed flashes of super-stardom in the last series. I just have this gut feeling that we will horribly regret giving up on Brooks after only his second season in for a year or two from Nash.

15. MadSkillz

MadSkillz Member

Ah this would be nice.. Trade TMac for Nash, Barbosa and Lopez--works in RealGM... go do it now DM!

16. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

Not saying we should do it, but Nash only has a year left on his contract. If we traded for him, we'd pretty much be going for it all next year. We wouldn't have to sign him after that. So his age isn't really a factor because he's still one of the top PGs in the league and we wouldn't be taking on a long term contract or something.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Thank you for posting something realistic. Steve Nash is getting lit up all over the place by PGs'. AB even lit him up for 30. True liability on defense.

Imagine Yao and Nash trying to defend anyone's PnR, we will get murder. Please tell EsPN to go away with this foolishness

18. choujie

choujie Member

It depends on how much will be required to get him. Three good years for Rockets to compete for Championships.

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Pray tell how you "called" this, lol? Almost half the board has been clamoring for Nash, not to mention the media reports that the team had had some interest.

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Last time i checked Nash needs a fast pace team to really succeed. Check

Has Shaq on the Suns and struggled to play with him. Check

Being traded to Houston and might play next to Yao who is another big slow guy. Check

What difference is it going to make. Half court offense team again. I'll pass. Nash is up there in age. Your going to trade for a guy and basically stop the growth in Brooks and Lowry for him??? Dumb move.