1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Beastie Boys [stream]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the futants, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

2. Tracy McIverson

have you seen there concert DVD called "I F'ing Shot That".. they did a huge concert in madison square garden and let all the people who came bring video cameras and record it.. then they all sent their tapes in, and the beastie boys edited them all together to make a dvd, it is badass

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The poster known as across110thstreet was one of the filmers.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

the beasties rule

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

it's a good album.

hey futants, stop being bitter you crotchety old man! get with the now! free tibet!

BRAH!

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Mix-Up drops this Tuesday the 26th and what makes this tour pretty special is that they are going to do two shows in some cities. they will bring out all their classics at the arenas, and then play more intimate club gigs, called "Gala Events", where they will play some of their instrumentals, but as well as new arangements of some of their rock/hip hop cuts, such as "Do It," "Remote Control," "Live at Pj's" and of course "Sabotage" and "Gratitude"- these will be all instruments, no djs or samples...

I saw them at the Sasquatch festival last month and they are also sporting a new look... they are all wearing suits in their concerts and they brought back Money Mark on keyboards and Alfredo Ortiz on percussion for the tour...

here is a video from The Mix-Up called "Off The Grid"
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8uQXtpUxok"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8uQXtpUxok" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and technically, this is their first "all instrumental" album... "The In Sounds from Way Out" was a compilation of all their instrumentals from Check Your Head and Ill Commuication...

I F*ckin Shot That!

#6 across110thstreet, Jun 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yeah, I have heard it. It's ok I guess but noting really stands out. It bores me. And I don't know why I would really listen to it when I can just as easily put on some Jimmy Smith or something.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YZlvYcZwoU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YZlvYcZwoU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

If you like Jimmy Smith, check this out.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

"I kick it Root Down! Jimmy Smith is my man, I wanna give him a pound..."

I forgot to mention that the Beasties are playing this cover on their tour
    "Root Down (And Get It)" by Jimmy Smith...

everyone is expecting them to bust into the lyrics but they just jam..

they are playing Montreux Jazz Festival this year...

#9 across110thstreet, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm going to the Central Park show in August...pretty psyched about it. Doesnt look like they are doing the instrumental shows here, but considering all the "whisper" shows around town lately (White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol)...you never know.

11. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

You had posted a video of an old school black and white cartoon of the Beasties "Shake ya Rumpa" several months ago. I ended up ordering the CD form Barnes and Noble on line-they let you listen to the song cuts from albums -so I could be sure. I bought "Paul's Boutique" and have enjoyed the album ever since.

Thank you thegary.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

paul's boutique is still their finest hour. as far as the new album, let's just say i'm still digesting it.

14. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Agreed. The Dust Brothers are (were) pretty untouchable.