1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In Honor Of OP, Wherever he Is...( Contest For CC Old Timers)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacBeth, Apr 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Given that pops seems to be continually absent from this board, and also when you take a look at the kind of threads pre-dominating it this days, I felt it was time to give credit where it is due, and have a thread in honor of the best scoop monger this site has ever seen, our beloved OP. He actually knew what he was talking about, unlike most people these days, and no one was better at ambiguity...at leaving you actually knowing less after you read his posts than before, even though you knew that somewhere in there lurked the genuine article...at the fine turn of phrase which could, like some basketball Nostradamus, be interpreted several ways depending on what the reader wanted to hear.

As such, I propose that we have Be Like OP Contest...All of us who actually remember OP's posts will try and spin one off in his inimitable style, and we will all later vote on who did the best job. I will refrain from posting mine, as I wouldn't want to discourage competition ( ;) ) at this stage, but I will put something together in a while.

THIS IS AN APPEAL TO THE OLD TIMERS...PLEASE DON'T LET ME DOWN.

Oh, and no disrespect to Doc Rocket, who also had some wicked insider posts...Just that OP was, to me at least, The Man in this regard.

PEACE

JAG

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This just in... Sources close to me have indicated MacBeth has been locked in a dungeon for the past 2 years with nothing by an internet-capable laptop... the next 24 hours will tell the tale.

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

LMAOF!!!!!! ROTFLOLOLOL!!!!! Whoooo!!!!!! Hahaha....heh heh heh....*cough*...heh...umm...er....I don't get it....

;)

4. Fatty FatBastard

I will never post on this site again using the name Popeye.

Cheers.:cool:

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Call

This was given to me via a phone call this PM. This call came from the West Coast and NOT Houston. I have had some excellent info in the past from this person. Very sourcy sources source!

He did not know how serious the talks were, or if it was at the "discussion phase" between informatioin sharers. But, he said it was serious and current. He states he got it from a source inside the inside source. I have known this guy for days(maybe even a week), and he operates in high sports circles in Inglewood. Let me tell you, he DOES have sources inside the insider circle source giver taker source.

But the obvious impact is interesting to say the least(because Oeilpere has dissappered). Again, I repeat, I have not been able to get any of this confirmed from any other source other than this single friend(who I've known for days).

The Offer/Discussion,of the inside source of the sources inside,Etc...

Golden State Warriors fan site: LiTtleY1534 and Codell

for

Houston Rockets fan site: Oeilpere, ZRB and another major clutch bbs poster

That's all he had. Does not know which poster. I asked: "No, not windandsea?" He answered: "No,likely not, because the person who told me would have said windandsea[, not one of the Rocket Centers".

I agree with him. Rocketman95 has got to be equally eliminated, for a whole bunch of reasons including salary wise (same as windandsea) it cannot fit, plus including either windandsea or RM95 does not make sense. It just is not that good a Houston deal if RM95 or windandsea (this is blantently obvious silly clutchcity folks) was included.

My suspicion is it has to be LArocketFan, but I don't know if Clutch can do that so soon after signing him to do the grapefruit leage reporting.

Anyway there it is.

Discussion

I made a quick salary check to see if it had any obvious problems. I make it something like just over$9 whole dollars(Houston) versus just under $9 whole dollars (for GS).

First Impression: For the Rockets, the missing pieces are in place with this deal. And I can see Clutch doing it. This is a deal he would put together. (I could even see him packaging Major with someone else and including a third team in some other side deal.)

The Warriors unload a six year contract with Major, fill some holes with experienced people. Get a thread starter(HeyCalifornia,presumably) who can back up GoldenStateTransfer96. Get a YaoOnly fan that is very capable (FA next year), two posters with postability, only one (Major's) whose contract GS would have to really worry about as far as length goes.

This is just conjecture on my part, but I wonder if LArocketFAN told them he would be leaving when his contract was up in 2002????

The Rockets get a premier TS in LArocketFAN who I would sell my '68 Mustang to see in a Rockets forum. He has all the equipment and knows what to do about it. I love this guy he posts quality entertainment. Unfortunately, we also get saddled with an underacheiving poster who some say is over paid by twice his worth in ZRB's.

Some West Coast friends have been telling me that they've heard ZRB is a negative b*stard and is just depressed over being stuck in Golden State. Sounds like a "Vin Baker" thing to me. I have seen him play and he has some posting talent. But, I always got the impression from him that he was pouting and pissed that he was no longer the only negative poster now that Yao Only Fans have jumped on the bandwagon.

Anyway there it is

#5 don grahamleone, Apr 20, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2003
  6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

We have an excellent 1st entry...

7. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Whoever follows that better come strong, because the bar has been set high!:eek:

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

LOL Fatty

HeyP will never post on this site again!!!;)

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

don grahamleone post has left me in that state.:confused:

:p

10. drpepper

drpepper Member

I don't know about you guys, but I miss those troy barros posts .........................................................................

11. wowming

wowming Member

My favourite thing about this time of year are the posts that beg the insiders to post. Please, please popeye, throw us something, i promise, we'll be nice. Where have you been doc rocket...

12. don grahamleone

No one has entered? Macbeth you need to post yours. Make me laugh.

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Okay, there folks...Lots going on, lots going down, lots not going at all...

First, the organization is not as unhappy with this season as many of you hope...they're not doing jumping jacks, but they're not crying in their beer either. The common thinking is that, given one or two additions...and one or two subtractions...this is a team to beat in the future. They are also happy as a pig in the mud to get the draft pick obligation out of the way this cheap.

BUT...this is where it gets interesting...there is division about which way to go...Rudy and CD are not on the same page here...Oh, and make no mistake, this is, absolutely Rudy's team if he can go. Even if they wanted to move on, which they mostly don't, the word is that Les and CD are 200% behind RT at this stage, and wouldn't take away his title if he won't. Anyways, there is a division of thought...a pointed one, you might say, about which direction to take to improve the team. One party is looking longingly at veteran muscle, one or two in particular, while another is thinking about the point of it all, and shaking the tree...You might hear some bigger than your average bear size rumours which just might have some meat on them...depending on who wins out in the battle...no, more of a warm discussion, about which path to take.

A few things for sure...there will, barring hands being tied, a lot less need for milk around here next year, and that runs both ways. Someone's star has fallen quite a bit in the organization's eyes, and somone else's had fallen a while back, and the two together might just be filling other galaxies before the summer's out. Certainly one of them is gone. But another player is not, repeat and underline, NOT nearly as out the door as some of you wish...the thinking being that he's a lot bigger in the futures market than on the block right now.

But speaking about markets in terms of Rocket involvment in this offseason's FAs, CD and RT are both a little like the guy at the dance who came with his family; looking at all the pretty girls, but no room in the car unless he can get Aunt ...*chuckle* Roni to take her kids and their story books to another car...but, oh, they are noticing a couple of the prettier girls out there, make no mistake. Don't count out anything with these guys, CD's been a little inactive for over a year, and he's got itchy fingers.

Ok..all for now, gotta get back to work. Keep up all the good rumours, they serve for light entertainment, and one or two are a lot closer than the skeptics know...

Cheers. (FFB)

P.S. All are still firmly on board the Yao train, and see glowing light at the end of that particular tunnel.

#13 MacBeth, Apr 20, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  14. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I dont get it. This is not just directed towards you MacBeth because I figure most of this is in fun, but why do people post things like "please tell us insider scoops op!#@!@"

Like someone is really going to see that and be like , "Oh ****, that post compells me to post everything I know."

When someone has a legitimate inside source with information, that person will probably:

A, post it

B, not post it.

Saying ,"Please oh please polease gimme osme infromatoion I love yao ming" is not hurrying up this process.

Also, sometimes there truly is NO NEW INFORMATION to tell. So guys, cool it, and enjoy the offseason.

I think its all coming back to me why I havent posted or looked in this forum in over a year. Im gonna go now.

15. Fatty FatBastard

Say what you want about the oeilpere, but he was golden.

And MacBeth.... He ALWAYS ended his post with.....

Cheers.

(Any other time I'm on another board I use this. "Cheers" It's just so damn classy!)

16. Fatty FatBastard

And also Mac.... Don't even PRETEND you know what's going on unless you mean it!!!

I was quite taken by your last post, but I've got no idea if it is serious, or just joking at OP!

Stop! (unless it's real)

17. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

'just' directed towards me? I was in no way asking OP or DR to post anything...I was suggesting some fun...

18. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

but....er...that's the whole point of this thread. You didn't really take what i said for truth, did you? ( Hey...maybe I do know something, and this is my clever cover up.)

Serious question: If you actually were taken in, how did you interpret my 'info'? What did it mean, did you think? I am VERY interested...

19. don grahamleone

he also did the "Anyway, there it is."

Don't front.

20. don grahamleone

I thought this might have been a popular thread. Did I kill it by accident?