1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Votto agrees to 10-year, $225 million deal with Reds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Air Langhi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/04/joey-votto-reds-contract-extension/1

The Cincinnati reds can give 200 million dollar deals? I wish I was a baseball player. So many guys have got 200 million dollar deals this year. Even scrubs are getting crazy money, but at least votto is pretty good.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Full no trade clause? Not a smart move by the Reds. He turns 29 this season and the deal doesn't start until his current one ends 2 years from now. So, before it's 1/2 over, he'll be well into his mid-30's.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That's outrageous! He is going to get paid for nothing at the end of that deal.

Sincerely,
    Carlos Lee

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I saw this come across on the ticker the other day and couldn't believe it... MLB salaries are simply nuts. I know Joey Votto is a very good player, but that seems absurd.

5. what

what Member

I must be out of baseball because I've never even heard of these guys.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Based on the deals for Tex, Pujols, & Fielder, it is what they had to do. He's in the same class as those guys (though I don't think Tex is in their class).