1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another "Funny Commercial" Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jan 5, 2004.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I saw a couple of good ones this weekend.

-The new one with Cedric The Entertainer is hilarious. The one where he's having a picnic with his girlfriend and he sits in an ant bed. He starts jumping around to get them off and his girfriend thinks he's dancing for her. Go Cedric, go Cedric... Classic.

-There's also one that gets played during Rocket games with that guy playing basketball in his driveway. He's wearing googles, short shorts, knee-high striped socks and a tank-top that shows off his back hair. He drives for a layup and shoots the ball over the house. That one kind of hits a little to close to home for my taste...

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

That's actually SmeggySmeg who made that commercial...

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

My favorite right now, and I've only seen it on once, is the FedEx commercial where the guy suggests to his boss that they used FedEx. His boss compliments him and he goes the rest of his life telling everyone that story and how he is the ****.

The commercial is a lot funnier than my explanation of it.

4. deepellumrocket

I like the Fed Ex ad with the guy who says, "Uhh, I don't do shipping. I have an MBA."

"Oh, I see. Then I'll have to show you how."

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I like the one where the UPS (I think) guy finds a basketball in the drive way and decides to take a shot which ends up shattering the garage window.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Off the top of my head:

The Fed Ex commercial where the older guy gets upset at this young guy for not doing something and says "Why do I keep you around here?" And the younger guy says "Because I am your son."

This one is an old one but it is a beer commercial and it has this guy going to this girl's house for a blind date. She comes down the steps and the music swells - she is strikingly beautiful. Then she opens her mouth and the guy realizes why she is available - she has the voice of a man!

And then of course all those Citibank Identity Theft commercials are good with the best one being the guy talking like the teeny bopper girl (I always think of Britney Spears when I hear the voice:p ) going on and on about her $1500 leather boustier (sp?).

7. drapg

drapg Member

Nothing tops Don Cheadle's line of commercials.

"Hey, stop playin!" as he takes a dive in front of Chad Brown!

Gotta love the "Diamond Ring" and "The Catch" commercials with Jerry Rice's Bengals jersey.

Pure gold!

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He actually a bottled water guy and the commercial is for Southwest Airlines. :) I wonder how many takes it took them to get that shot right because after he breaks the window the ball bounces back down the driveway and hits the water bottles perfectly.

9. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

I haven't seen it much lately but the Wendys commercial about this dude who has amnesia and they are talking to him at a police station and one brings up this sandwhich from Wendys and he goes off telling them all about this freaking burger and then he goes "fantastico" I laugh just thinking about it. Then he ends up telling them that he thinks he is from France.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And 4 mudflaps with the naked ladies on em...

rrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

Mamacita

11. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Just saw a great one for the new Dodge Durango. Two guys stand next to each other at urinals while another in a stall listens to the conversation. A picture of the new Durango is hung between the urinals. The guys discuss the Durango being 7 inches longer and it goes on from there. Priceless! The Bud commercials with Leon are pretty good too.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't know why, but for me the way that girl says that line is so friggin hot. i love hearing it.

funniest commercials going are brett favre monday morning quarterback (i woulda watched out for the water main) and the water bottle dude breaking the garage window. the best part is the couple staring right at him while he does it.

13. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

The one where the first guy comes in and buys a generic brand razor and a second guy says "What the hell do you think you're doing buddy" and proceeds to slice his face up with a Gilette.

And then it says "The best a man can get"

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I love those commercials, especially funny 'cause they tend to be true sometimes. If we're just talking about current commercials, then the one where all the people are freaking out 'cause they can't taste their beer is a good one too. I can totally relate, 'cause, hell, gotta have beer.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That one was great. Someone sent it to me via email. I assumed it was because it was too racy to show in America. I guess not.

16. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Maybe it's just me cuz I'm a racing fanatic, but I like the one where some guys come to interview Dale Earnhardt Jr and he asks where to do the interview, and they say where he's comfortable.... so he takes them around the track, and leaves them crying.... I get a good laugh out of that one.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

" . . .and I can now afford to buy that robot. . . . the FEMALE Robot .. . . . this is going to be the best Prom . . . "

Rocket River
    the Brett Farve one is great too.

18. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

The way that dude laughs is hilarious.

"I would have double bagged that."

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Fake step guy!!! that commercial rules! :D

that one and the one where the guy shoots a window out while delivering water is pretty cool also.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

How about the executives that go to the meeting with all the info in their head. One crashes into a file cabinet and the other slips off the table, bumps his head and is out. The look on the remaining executive's face is priceless.