1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao-Shaq I Replay on ESPN @ 12:30 Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Feb 17, 2003.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

With the blizzard in Washington, the Wizards-Raptors game is cancelled and they will instead replay the January Rockets-Lakers game with the first Shaq-Yao meeting.

For those of you off today enjoy!! I think I may head over to Hooters for lunch and catch the first quarter!! Or maybe just the first 5 minutes!! Being at the game was insane and watching Shaq fall on his a$$ is always fun!

2. OrangeCountyCA

What time would that be for us on the west coast?

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Hmm, i am watching the replay and right before they showed Franchise 3 to tie the game, Frazier and G Anthony did a live interview with Francis from Westside. Basically talked about the game, their current slide, calling out someone (he mentioned whoever said that to stop jacking up 3s) about telling him to pass the ball to Yao more, and then saying that they just finished a 3 hour practice. What caught my eye though is that I noticed someone (I think Mo Taylor) in the background all topless flexing in front of everybody. Then moments later, saw Mobley and Norris in towels coming out to the court and shooting jumpers. WTF is this? I really do hope that practice was over and they were just playing around.

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

anybody see that in-game interview they had with Steve Francis?

the guy asked Steve to once and for all address all those people who say you guys dont pass Yao the ball enough. Steve said something like "those people are either threepoint shooters who never get a lot of playing time(Tim legler) or dont understand what it means to be a point guard in this day and age."

#4 Texas Stoke, Feb 17, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  5. Dave2000

Ahh ok, I knew he calling someone out bout some 3 point shooter. Thanks for clarifying before I start some ugly rumour. :D

6. James23

James23 Member

is francis a point guard. if he is one, he's certainly one of the terrible point guards executing the pick-n-roll. will he please take the ball to shaq or dump it to yao when running that play?

7. knifejc

knifejc Member

I saw that when moochie came out with his towel on then i saw a towel hit the floor, i was hoping someone wouldn't show up on camera without a towel, not something i wanted to see

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dave2000, I watched the replay (most of it), but managed to miss this "controversy". What I think most Rocket fans want to know, who didn't see the clip, is what did MoT look like without the shirt?? Did he have definition? Did the dude look all muscled up? Has he lost the baby fat?

In short, what did Taylor look like?? ;)

9. Dave2000

In all honesty, he looked pretty stacked. But then again, I am not even sure if it was even him from a distance.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I've been wondering.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad someone mentioned Steve was ragging on Tim Legler...I thought maybe it was a dig at Glen Rice.

12. dttd888

dttd888 Member

Actually I sat two rows behind the Rockets bench against Sacramento.....he came over to the bench and wiped his face with the bottom of his jersey, and the dude had a solid 6-pack.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is it possible that the "Taylor with potential" is coming out from behind the layer of flab he aquired during his long time away from the game because of his injury? The guy so many here were hot to get after what seems like eons ago?

To me, at least, it looks like it may be coming about in fits and spurts. There have been brief flashes of solid play... even better than solid. He's shown aggressiveness at times that I haven't see from him in a long while. He's not so shy about mixing it up inside. If he gets consistent with his deadly mid-range game than we are SO much better off.

Taylor also seems to have an excellent synergy with Yao on the court. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in tonight's rematch with the Lakers. He should be able to abuse their PF's. If his feet hold up.

(got to stick to the topic- ;))

14. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

When did this thread turn into the Mo fan club???"o he is so bufff":rolleyes:

15. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

take away 2 hours.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Give me a break, man. I've been curious about what kind of shape he's in and a couple of posters were kind enough to reply. And, rather than start a new thread, I gave an assessment of what I've seen lately on the court. Optimistic, yes, but it's been pretty depressing around here regarding our PF play. Unless we get Brand etc. in the next two days then this is what we're running with. So if you don't like it, then piss off.

17. Dave2000

THANK YOU! From this thread alone, there were 3-4 more threads that were either locked or merged that were FIRST discussed in this thread. Anyway, I was curious about him also and thought he never really ballooned at all, just wore baggy clothes last year. I am a full supporter of Mo and was one of the few that was actually happy when KT got traded. I stand to this day that he will return to old form and even WILL be back in the starting lineup soon. :eek:

18. RocketfanfromLA

[​IMG]