1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV is on TIME WARNER WOOT !!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Sep 5, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok,

I could have posted this in the other thread, but people might have missed it.

You DO NOT get NBA TV with League pass, it costs and additional $2 a month to get a sports package that includes NBA TV.

I think it is on channel 430 or something.

Last night I ordered league pass for $159, and asked about NBA TV.

I had to order the sports package to get it....no biggie, $2 a month is not gonna kill me and I won't miss those Rocket games that get picked up by NBA TV.

DD

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

So does that mean you have to get league pass before you can get NBA TV? or can you pay 2 dollars extra a month just to get NBA TV?

3. DaDakota

I believe you can order NBA TV seperate.

DD

4. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

Let me understand this... if you have Time Warner Digital Cable, you can order NBA TV for 2 bucks extra a month? Right now I have the sports package with Time Warner and it gives me all the Fox Sports channels and ESPN stuff and that's 2 bucks a month. Is NBA TV part of the sports package that I have already, or is it a separate thing I need to get for 2 bucks? Also, whats the difference between NBA TV and League Pass? Which one is better?

Also, how did you find out about this 2 dollar NBA TV? I went to timewarnercable.com, went to my local cable website and they had hardly any information on NBA TV...

#4 Pimphand24, Sep 6, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  5. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I have Time Warner Digital Cable, and all I get is that League Pass Preview Channel on 600. I used to get NBA TV up until playoff time, then I could no longer access it.

NBA TV would show entire games every so often and did the first round of the playoffs in the east. League Pass Preview Channel shows Christina's "Fighter" video and Adam Sandler's NBA "Love it Live" commercial in a continuous loop.

I do not pay extra for the Fox Sports stations. Is it worth it? I doubt you will be able to see any pro sports with blackout rules and the such. What do you get with that sports package, or what sports does it show?

I also tried getting more info on NBA TV, but websites show nothing. Hopefully I will not have to call and ask for info, as all answers should be available through the internet and not involve any direct human contact.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

DD,

channel 430 is Fox Sports southwest.

Are you getting NBA TV right now? I was told by a TW representative that it would launch on Oct 1st.

7. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

With the sports package (which is 2 dollars extra with Time Warner Digital) I have received ALL the Fox Sports channels (Southwest, Atlantic, etc...) and some channel that is all motor racing all the time, and other random stuff. The main thing about the package is the Fox Sports channels which we get football and baseball on, I know the Dallas Mavs and rangers play on Fox Southwest.... but i dont care about them (one of my roomates is from dallas so this was a big find for him), I want rockets games, so hopefully this sports package comes with NBA TV or NBA TV be real cheap with Time Warner.

8. DaDakota

If you put it on channel 1, it shows the new sports channel package that includes NBA TV on channel 435, so it is available.

DD

9. JBIIRockets

DD,

when I tried putting the channel on 435, my digital cable box didn't even read it. I got those 4 blinking question marks. So for now, it is not available on my digital cable box.

This is bizarre considering we both have TW digital cable in Austin.

10. JBIIRockets

I called TW-Austin just now, and they told me that NBA TV will be added on October 1st. DD, if you are getting the channel now, then you must have a very special digital cable box.

11. DaDakota

No,

I don't have it yet, but I have ORDERED it already.

:)

DD

12. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

$2 a month is still bs considering Time Warner used to include NBA TV with league pass for free.

13. DaDakota

JW,

True, but the NBA is trying to make money, and $2 is no big deal.

DD

14. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

sorry, what sports package is this again?

15. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

can anyone tell me about NBA league pass...

if i purchase it, will all the rockets games be on it?

how much is it?

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

$2 isn't a lot of money, but then, you don't really have to pay for NBC or ABC, etc. When I had NBA TV for free, it was great that there were no real commercials and all, but I'd definitely prefer them to just advertise like everyone else and give me the channels for free.

17. JBIIRockets

Todat is october.

I am thoroughly enjoying watching Yao dominate the asian championships on NBA TV on digital cable.

18. JBIIRockets

ehh....no edit function available right now.

Today is October 1!!

19. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Cool, thanks for reminding us!! I just called up myself, in the hopes it will be repeating late this evening. Good to have NBA TV back. I guess $2 is reasonable even though it was free before. I wish they would get off their butts and get ESPN and NBA-TV in HD but life is still good.

20. JJ

JJ Member

You guys paid $2 for NBA-TV? HA HA! I am saving a whole dollar! TW-cable is charging $1 for the sports package down here in San Antonio. I called on October 1st and the chick over the phone sent the signal as we spoke. I had the channel in 10 seconds.

NBA-TV is my fix for all basketball information.