1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exit intereviews?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone know if the team is doing the exit interviews today? and whether the video is/will be available. I haven't seen anything at all about them yet.

on edit: sorry I didn't catch the typo in the title. oh well.

#1 Os Trigonum, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. txtodd

txtodd Member

Finally, one thing Dekker is healthy enough for

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There may not be any. It's now been two days since the finale, and the Rockets arrived back in Houston midday yesterday... and still no media advisory. (For comparison, last year's playoff run also ended with a Wednesday-night loss in Oakland... and the exits were held on Friday morning.)

I learned last year that teams aren't actually required by the league to do the exit interviews. It's a customary practice for most teams because it's free exposure heading into a quiet period... but given the negativity and questions surrounding media coverage of this year's team, I could see why they might choose to skip it this year.

1 person likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks, that makes a lot of sense to me.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets ducking the media one last time — SHOCKER! :grin:

Grizzlies?
    Mavs?
    Pistons?
    Celtics?

Rockets? X
    [​IMG]

#5 J.R., Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe they don't need to interview anyone because they are all going to be traded. :p

Maybe Morey interviewed Harden on the plane ride home ("upgrade roster") and that was that. :grin:

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Exit interviews are important especially after a disappointing season like this one. I'm certain the Rockets have or will conduct these.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx for the info. Had no idea. Everyone has them.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Need them exit interviews to get the players focused for next season. Morey needs to come out and state what the organization as a whole will do to get the team back to being a competitive team once again.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Here are how the exit interviews will go:

Morey: "Everyone except Harden step back. You are no longer welcomed here and your opinion doesn't matter. Thank you for playing, I hope to never see you again. There's the exit."

End scene.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Here is Dwight's exit interview. source: ME, I was there hidden behind the fake plastic tree in the corner of Daryl's Analytic Play Room. Dwight is a huge fan of the area because there are a lot of toys to keep him occupied.

12. The Cat

Ha. There actually might be a bit of truth here, at least in the underlying logic. :) While some players are made available, these "exit interviews" are essentially an offseason preview. And the person who responds to the most questions is typically the head coach, who outlines what the team/players are working on and what the organization's priorities are heading toward draft/FA.

In this case, seeing as how there's almost certainly going to be a new head coach in the near future... it makes sense to wait until the "new coach presser" to give that type of outlook. Perhaps they'll bring a couple players to the press conference, as well.

13. gogispade

gogispade Member

u sure?

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think there are exit interviews between the coaches and players with the front office and Les, but the media availability will be missing until the new coach introduction.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Those guys are long gone, they know that a ton of them won't be back next year, so why bother?

What we are interested in - is will there be exit interviews for JBB? Morey? Brown? who?

DD

16. The Cat

Exactly. There absolutely will be interviews within the organization (guessing many have already happened)... I'm just speculating in terms of the next media availability.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This would be for the best :)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Would do great for our rep with the players around the league too.

:rolleyes:

DD

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah, because it's not like teams ever do that to rebuild. Pull out their star, then slowly push everyone else away. That's never been done, ever, especially by any successful team. Ever. Not at all. Nope, not once. Never ever ever. Never.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The Spurs have never made a trade or allowed a player to walk in free agency ever. The Spurs have never added big names via free agency .The Spurs do not kick cans. The Spurs are a class organization.