1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Review your past assessments!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I got this idea from the Rondo Quits thread (among others, many others). Tell us how you felt about past roster moves and lets see how you did!

-I rooted against Howard when he was on the Lakers and loved when he failed with them. But I was completely on board when we were trying to get him here, I was all over twitter bashing Dallas. #Dwight2Houston!

-I wanted Josh Snith, I didn't think he could be our 3rd star but I liked ALL the angles: best friends with Dwight/Morey had been interested in him before/no proof he was a locker room cancer/good passing and rim protection/he was basically free, no risk high reward.

-I wanted Brewer (though never could have imagined how great he'd be). I didn't know much about him but the word was he is a great finisher on the break, steals, fast as hell. Turns out everyone was right about all that. As a backup, I loved the idea of getting him.

-I felt bad losing Parsons, he was a great teammate but I did recall Dwight getting pretty disappointed in him on the court when he made mistakes. It was kinda awkward seeing DH12 giving Parsons that look when he screwed up, knowing they were buddies and all. Anyway, I liked Ariza at half the price. We lost a few points but gained it back and then some with a DPOY candidate. I chuckled when CF was done with him when he went through his shooting slump earlier in the season, lol.

-I admit that I was intrigued the very first time I heard Rondo was available. But after reading CF, I realized he didn't fit here. Many of you were right and you guys changed my mind. I am so happy we didn't get him now, lol.

-I've never liked Carmelo. Ever.

-I wanted Bosh.

-I hated it when we got Lin. I thought he was just a flavor of the month in NY and I turned out to be right about that as well.

-BUT I was wrong about Harden. And I am OK with that now :)

Future assessments? NO to Love. NO to Rondo. YES to Aldridge and YES to Durant (I remember Mutumbo elbowing Yao in the neck once, when asked later, Mutumbo said "I got him in the neck? I thought I'd get him in the chin." Then they became good teammates. So maybe Dwight and Durant can live side by side in some fairytale land and time in the future?)

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Most people in here care about the TEAM, not "I" or "you".

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm always right except when I'm wrong.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I thought Brewer would be a strange pickup and I was excited about the Jeremy Lin signing, so feel free to disregard any opinion I ever have.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Past assessments, I was right at most time, but who cares, Morey was not listening to me anyway.

Future assessments? YES to Aldridge of course, but some people are going to argue that we do not need Aldridge because he is soft, too expensive etc. But I guess that Morey is trying to get him very hard.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

at the time of the Lin signing, he was virtually all we had. That was before we acquired Harden. In that light, I have zero problem with the Lin signing.