1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Bars in NYC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AzCkR, Apr 18, 2009.

1. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Anybody know any rockets bars in the city? Know a couple ut bars, but no rockets bars. thanks

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Never really found one. Back in 2004 there were some diehards that went to Park Avenue Country Club but that went under 3 years ago.

I hate 1030pm starts. RedBulls and Vodka.

3. duwende

duwende Member

Brother Jimmy's or Rodeo bar possibly? I'm trying to look for some myself.

4. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

yea im guessin bro js will have a good assortment of people. I'm a rodeo bar fan. Probably end up there or stout if we cant find anything else.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I always recommended Blondie's on the East Side. I believe that has a large UT fanbase as you mentioned but that's as close as you'll get.

unfortunately the Rockets aren't the Steelers and don't have themed bars across the country.

6. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Calling out Batman Jones----any suggestions??????

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

there aren't any, just find a place with TV's. Or try Chinatown or Flushing, lol.....

8. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

nice.

i think ill just stick with the ut bars.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LMAO... why chinatown or flushing?

anyways, its a playoff game so I'm pretty sure every bar will be playing it on espn.

10. mateo

Seriously??? Chinatown LOOOOVES Yao!! I got a Rockets jersey for my sister there for only $10. Granted it was Stromile's....

If you get desparate, I'm always at Texas/Arizona in Hoboken these days since I left the city. Its a magical PATH ride away....

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Hoboken is great. I work out at the underground NYSC over there. Do you know when they are completing that Hoboken- Newport (Jersey City) walk way?

12. duwende

duwende Member

Saw the game at the Hill (UT football bar/syracuse basketball bar). Even though I was the only Rocket fan in the place, I was cheering for them like a mad man.

Blondie's in the UES is good! Monday's it's all you can eat wings. Great place for MNF

13. mateo

The gym next to the CVS...I love the sign they have in front working the unemployment angle: "FACT: Physically fit people are more likely to get hired"

Not sure about the walkway...they replaced the "Hey Hoboken, tired of 47% property tax increases? We'll help you move" JC real estate company billboard with one that says "“Newport [hearts] Hoboken … And we’re hooking up, Spring 2009.” - so fairly soon I guess. I'm getting a new bike in a week or two and I'd like to be able to ride my bike to the Music Festival at Liberty Park this August.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There are Rockets bars outside of Houston anywhere? I would be surprised if they were. Your best bet would probably just meet up with a few other posters/fans and watching it at the same place somewhere.

Speaking of which: anybody in the Pittsburgh area??

15. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Ended up at Stout in midtown west. No other Rockets fans that I noticed but still good. I'll probably go there again next weekend as the team I've been rooting for has always won when I go there (was there for the UT-OU game).

16. tabascofox

tabascofox Member

Reviving this old thread..

Definitely want a place to watch Game 6 with fellow Houston fans here in NYC. Any good Rockets bars here? (I saw some vague mentions of Hill Country BBQ or Legends.)

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Necrobumping. I am hoping to connect with some of y'all that met up in the past.

The link below is a thread to RSVP to Blondie's on 79th and Broadway; I hope to see y'all there!

There are 17 confirmed already.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=264592

#17 jbasket, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yo guys, there is going to be another viewing party at The Hog Pit for tonight's game. Y'all should come through, there were 40 people the last time for a weekend meet-up. (37 West 26th St).

There are already an estimated 8 showing already. Reservation starts at gametime (obviously can get there early if you so want to) under "Rose".

NYC Rockets fans Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1381087608887270/