1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lamb ranked #1, Terence Jones #9 on NBA.com's Rookie Ladder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Merla08

Merla08 Member

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Lamb takes top rung

July 16 --*After his third straight game of putting up solid scoring numbers,*Jeremy Lamb*takes over the top spot.Two other players join the Ladder for the first time this summer -- Cleveland's*Tyler Zeller*and Houston's*Terrence Jones. Both are putting up pretty similar scoring and rebounding numbers and take rungs near the bottom of the Ladder.Zeller got off to a hot start Monday, scoring 10 points in the first quarter and looked on pace to have a monster night. He still finished with 19 points and seven rebounds for his second straight decent game.*Jones joins the fray after a third straight game with at least 16 points. Jones had 17 points and eight rebounds Monday to climb onto the Ladder. Jones has shown nice shooting touch, going 2-for-4 from three-point land and 18-for-34 overall (52.9 percent).

For the third straight game, Lamb had it going. Through three games, the UConn product's 20.3 point average on 51 percent shooting is hard to argue with. Lamb is deceptive in his scoring in that he does it so effortlessly. I'd like to see him do more besides score, but that's nitpicking.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Now that Knicks matched Lin, we shoud just move forward with our rookies. Tank for a season after trading away Martin for anything.

3. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

????? When did they match?

4. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Our assets are getting more and more attention. I'd be happy if they get us Dwight or if we develop them and hope they become stars. I'm 100% certain that if DMo wouldn't have had such an awful 2nd game, he would've been in the top 5 for sure. Great job of drafting Morey!

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

They haven't matched him yet?

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

We could have a chance to have all 4 of our rookies make the list... Royce White and D.Mo will be on there eventually as well

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Anybody who says that Jeremy Lamb is a Nick Young/Kevin Martin type of player, is crazy

Lamb will be better than all those guys

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

D Mo was #2 after his first big game.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Where is Motiejunas? He's been a beast other than that one game.

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

damn.. well Royce White will definetly make the list in the future

I cant believe Morey struck gold on all his picks. I dont wanna trade these guys at all

1 person likes this.
  11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Knicks matching heard from vescey....

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

D-mo was about #3 after the first game,so he could easily get back on with a good game..White played great tonight but I don't see him making it with 2 games left.

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Keep all our rookies.,,,+ parsons...

give magic.... everyone else + picks + take on richarson + duhon

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why are we assuming he struck gold on all his picks? It's just summer league and it's only been a few games. Wait until at least halfway into the regular season before you start saying such things

15. texansalltheway

Lamb is a keeper by all means!!! Lin and Lamb can be a nice backcourt for years to come, only if Lin can somehow come to us

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Link ???

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

He will if he gets a triple double :grin:

18. texansalltheway

Yes link plzz

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Well you can tell our rookies have great BBiq.. and they look more advanced than a Marcus Morris,Patterson, or TWill

these guys will be solid players, they play hard, and smart

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Don't worry just yet, Vescey has no info. He's just posting "what he hears"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="225110450369593344"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/prfella">prfella</a> As I noted, this is not my story. I have no inside info...</p>&mdash; Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/225110810333167616" data-datetime="2012-07-17T06:12:54+00:00">July 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>