1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[February 2016 Deadline] Who do you want to ship out the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Dec 1, 2015.

Tags:
?

Who do you want gone?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2016.
  1. Harden

13.4%
  2. Howard

10.7%
  3. Ariza

2.1%
  4. Brewer

20.3%
  5. Lawson

8.6%
  6. Bev

1.1%
  7. TJones

39.6%
  8. Thornton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Dekkar

1.6%
  10. Other

2.7%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

I don't hold bball insiders to much respect -expect of the good work they do with listing the capspace and the contracts of each team. Most of their "rumours" are completely unreliable.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Haven't seen what he can do yet and he's on a reasonable rookie deal.

Since there are multiple viable options for trade bait, this is the hierarchy in my mind of players we need to get rid of.

1) Brewer - I put Jones as a gut reaction but Brewer has to go. He's a horrendous ball player.
    2) Jones - He needs the right team and probably some structure to succeed. He's not a good jump shooter but could be a good slasher in the right system. I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him, but under no circumstances does it make sense for us to pay him over Motiejunas.
    3) Lawson - my patience has run out, even though he had a stretch of about 10 minutes last night that wasn't totally awful. His value is rock bottom, however, so it would have to be in conjunction with another player or two on this list, plus draft picks. I doubt he gets traded for that reason alone.
    4) Beverley - He might still have some juice left in the tank, but some nights he doesn't look like an NBA player anymore
    5) Howard - he's declining rapidly, his health is a question, and he almost certainly will opt out at the end of the year. If you can swing him for some value in return, you gotta consider it. Capela is ready to start, even though he's an immediate downgrade, and the chemistry between Howard and Harden is non-existent.
    6) Ariza - he's on a sweet deal and honestly is only useful as your 4th or 5th guy on a contender, which we're not. He would probably need to be included in any pot sweetener
    7) Harden - if you can get 3 picks and a young player with superstar potential, you gotta consider this. Harden's attitude is awful. If you can get, say, someone of the pedigree of a Wiggins or Towns and a bevy of draft picks, it might be worth a consideration. But this has to be a last resort kind of move, for obvious reasons. And it would be driven by personality, not by talent.

I'd include Dekker, Harrell, and McDaniels to sweeten the pot on any trade.

I wouldn't trade Motiejunas or Capela unless it was the chip that put us over the top on a Godfather kind of deal.

If you had asked me before the year started if this thread would even exist in December I would have called you crazy. What an awful season.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Me. I want Jones shipped out, but not nearly as much as I want Brewer gone.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets have reportedly been testing the trade market for Ty Lawson. Houston is 7-11 &amp;underachieving big time thus far. (h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/BBallInsiders">@BBallInsiders</a>)</p>&mdash; LegionNBA (@MySportsLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/671777771996188672">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Raven

Raven Member

You couldn't, at least not until the league rules out too much partying. I'm not saying that's the problem, but teams will be cautious.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

B-ballholic might be way off when it comes to "in the moment" stuff but he's pretty spot on for predicting the future because I'm sure my signature 100000% applies to Lawson's trade value.

7. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

why doesnt kj get his own option? hes just a stupider corey brewer

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would he? He's young, fairly cheap, and is already better than Brewer. Honestly this poll only needed one option.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think some teams would be rightfully cautious but others would champ at the bit to get him.

But if we deal Harden we are basically throwing in the towel until the GSW window closes.

If we trade Harden its also a huge admission of failure on Morey's part, and I suspect he will get fired as a result. This was Morey's big-time move. For that reason alone, I think Harden and Morey's fortunes are intertwined and Harden doesn't get traded unless the writing is on the wall.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Brewer and tj

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brewer easily. How one would rather ship out Jones on his 2.5 mill expiring contract over Brewer who has played much worse and is one a 3 year 25 mill contract is beyond me.

1. Brewer
    2. Beverley
    4. KJ
    5. Ariza

No reason to ship out expirings, nobody is going to give anything of value more then a 2nd for either Lawson or Jones, might as well keep them until they expire unless they are needed as fillers or can draw real value.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

The myth of KJ. Better than Brewer without having to prove it. If the Rockets fix their backcourt defense and right their ship Brewer will be an asset again.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I want TJones and Brewer gone together for a draft pick in this years lottery. Anywhere from 9-14 will please me.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lmao do u want kevin durant too?

15. chandlerbang21

Brewer lawson and Jones trade package

16. chandlerbang21

Lawson has valuable 13mill team option that can open up space. The Rockets have one of the highest salary caps in the league and look at the product we are witnessing