1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sloan Conference Research: Need Help

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 13, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Calling all Clutchfans! Calling all Clutchfans!

I am working on a research paper for the Sloan Conference. I believe I have found the next great area of analytical research, but I need some help. Unfortunately my cable was out last night, so I had to follow the game on the radio. Codman, FTW Rockets FTW, this is right up your alley...

I believe that Clutchfans is onto something and that there is a direct, positive correlation between the SDGR (standing during game ratio) of the head coach and the team winning. I call this statistic ACSWP+ (Adjusted Coach Standing Winning Percentage).

Would some of you clutchfans be so kind as to rewatch every minute of the game last night and track the amount of time that McHale is standing and record the adjusted plus minus of the team for me? I'll do the rest.

Of course I will give credit to anyone who helps in my paper, as well as sourcing the original posters who came up with this brilliant theory.

TIA

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wow. Why have I not thought of that idea before? justtxyank just changed our understanding of basketball forever. Bravo.

Looking forward to justtxyank's induction into the HoF. :)