1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sportsnation poll all time greats rankings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vneuro, Jul 21, 2014.

1. spysta

spysta Member

He wins big and he comes through in the clutch lol You know reputation is such a complicated thing. Even when its not true or no longer true it is still associated with you no matter what.

2. Classic

Classic Member

Looks like Tinman voted in this poll 154 times

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I agree with most of list other than Kobe and Duncan. Duncan should be higher and Kobe should be near the very end.

4. arjun

arjun Member

surprised you guys are saying kobe is too high...LMAO LOOK AT LEBRON

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's already top 10 MINIMUM.

Take his career as a whole.

4 MVPs - only 3 have more in the history of the NBA. (and he's only 30. I'm sure he'll rack up 2-3 more before his career is over)

2 NBA FMVP - only 4 have more in NBA history

#3 all time in points per game at 27.5

#2 all time in PER at 27.79

6. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

This.

Too early to put him that high.

7. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Wilt played for multiple teams, Kareem played for multiple teams, Shaq played for multiple teams and so did Jordan (I know we shouldn't count the Washington days). If you look at the list in the top 10, its filled with 5 Lakers, and 2 Celtics. Jordan played for Chicago. All these big market teams could surround its star players with other great player, something Cleveland couldn't do.

Yes, Oscar won his only championship in Milwaukee (a small market) but he had Kareem. Every other person on the list won their championship in a major market, including the 1 Shaq championship in Miami, and 1 Wilt Championship in Phili.

Lebron didn't have the luck to be drafted to a major market. Lets face it, when Cleveland had Lebron, they surrounded him with crap (Mo Williams as your number 2); why did everyone expect him to stay?

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I had a brain fart. I was going to have Bird over Big O and forgot.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I could start a team with ONE player in his prime ...It would be Magic.