1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2014.

1. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

Wonder how many lobs and dunks Jordan and Blake are gonna drop considering chandler and the mavs.

Hope the D holds up and Dwight plays.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Is there a status on Howard? Or is he a game time decision from here on out?

Really hope he plays. I don't mind him out against scrubs, gives our bench some much needed time and confidence boosters. But we can't go the entire season plugging in guys here and there and expect to do anything in the playoffs. Our bench is getting good, much better than I had expected this early in the season...obviously still need a scorer/playmaker when Harden is out, but these guys look capable of holding their own against many teams.

Also, any word on Bev?

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I would be sooooo excited to have a rox win:eek:

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

We may still lose, but the current squad is much tougher mentally than last year's talented but soft as a pillow team. With our significant injuries, we are fighting with with one hand tied behind our backs, but I would not put past us to win tomorrow.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I predict a bunch of Cp3 oops to Deandre. Rockets have improved by a large margin, but unless the Clippers are god awful/Rockets are much better than expected this is a loss.

They just have too much athleticism and size in their front-court for Dmo and Black to consistently handle. I think Dmo can slow down Griffin 1 on 1, but offensive rebounds will kill us.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Howard, Bev and Jones are definitely out. I do hope it is not too embarrassing.

7. i3artow i3aller

:cool: Looking forward to some Lithuanian Lycan self assisted-layups :cool:
    [​IMG]

8. Warheart

Warheart Member

hahaha i remember that play i was at that game

9. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Black Friday unfortunately

10. JazzLakerHater

Man if we were healthy, I think we would take this easily, considering the Clippers struggles this year. But I just can't see how a team without 3 starters beats CP3 and Blake.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Roxs will be fine. Clippers are no longer a great team.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No Bev and Dwight still???? Geez. CP3 and Blake will have a field day.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

By far and away the most interesting subplot tonight is the D-Mo - Blake match up. D-Mo's size, lateral quickness and sound defensive principals against one of the most athletic power forwards in the game. It should tell us a lot. Do the Rockets finally have someone who can match up with the likes of a LMA? D-Mo had Cousins the last 10 minutes of the SAC game and did just fine. But Blake is a completely different type of challenge. That is the match up I will be watching.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Black should guard Blake until the 4th to keep DMo out of foul trouble.

dD

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That does make some sense. We will see which way McHale chooses to play it. Black on Blake sounds like a disaster, but it would free up D-Mo to rotate from the weak side to help out.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

From the Clippers games I've watched this year, it seems like Blake is trying to assert himself more as a stretch threat. Unfortunately/fortunately, he isn't shooting so well.

I'm inclined to see what shots Blake is preferring and then deciding if we should roll with DMo or Black. It goes without saying, but if the Clippers continue their gameplan, I'd be happy to stick our 7ft "perimeter" defender on Blake.

17. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Dose not have to be a blow out as long as we win don't care if it is by one stinking point it will count as a win,

Sure was good to see Dmo playing more relaxed, He looked like he belonged out there.

#57 No Chance, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Whatever happens, I know this team won't look like it did in the past on the defensive end. I like our chances.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If dmo really can become an upper echelon scorer and defender at the pf spot this team doesn't need any upgrades or superstars. I don't think he is ever going to be a guy who gets more than 7-8 rebounds but With dwight that's not a real issue.

He dominates summer and dleague games every yr so hopefully he's turned the corner and is ready to dominate NBA games like he's been doing. This kid has the size and talent to be the missing piece once jones and howard get back. 3 he headed monster.

Rockets win harden and dmo combine for 50+

20. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I was hoping Morey would come up with a trade for a 4 or 5 on black Friday:).