1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man we don't like a player, you go all out. That's very low of you Bobby to wish an injury on any player. I know you don't like Hoyer but you don't have to take it there man.

How about hoping he does well for a change. If he successful then it's a good chance the Texans will benefit for his decent to good play. Aren't we not pulling for the team to make the playoff's?

2. Indaface

Indaface Member

Pretty sure he's just a jilted ex-girlfriend at this point because his boy toy Mallet sucked when he was in and was cut for being a loser.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely the defense has been MUCH better recently, but you don't win games if you can't get into the end zone and the team wasn't doing that until Hoyer went down. If Hoyer never gets hurt and replaced, the Texans likely never get into the end zone meaning a loss unless the defense was going to score a TD given that we were losing when Hoyer went down.

I just want what is best for the team and sure, I can hope that he'll magically become a different player than he's been his whole career, but that's not exactly reasonable. Thanks to Hoyer's injury and the resurgence of the defense the Texans have a very legitimate chance at making the playoffs that they wouldn't have had if Hoyer stayed healthy. Since they are going back to Hoyer, I hope that doesn't undo the good that his injury did and that's really all I'm saying.

Maybe the concussion will lead to him all of a sudden being a better QB, if that happens I'll be thrilled, but can you really expect that to happen?

The good news is that we are about to play the Ain'ts, a team with a defense that makes the Jags or Titans look awesome. Given that, Hoyer will be in the best possible situation to look like a competent QB, I hope he takes advantage of it. Even better would be if he can do well and then keep up that level of play against the Bills the week after that. IMO that game will be the next test to see if Hoyer is who we thought he was.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How did your favorite QB Fitzpatrick look on Sunday?

Above average or nah?

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

As a fellow Fitzpatrick Sympathizer, I gotta give him credit for scoring two touchdowns against the insane pass rush, a surgically repaired thumb, and a bunch of dropped passes. Andy Dalton couldn't even score ONE touchdown.

6. Mr. Clutch

True, I'd rate hit him below average.

His stats are much worse than hoyer though. And Jets fans are ready to get rid of him

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, you admit you were wrong about the defense/Crenel being hopeless?

As far as your Hoyer-centric posting... its just equivalent to white noise at this point. And no, I don't believe they needed a Hoyer concussion to find the end zone. Should have scored earlier in the game from the 1 yard line if not for terrible play-calling (not Hoyer's fault)... and there wasn't anything special about Yate's pass to Hopkins (but there was something special about the catch).

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

The guy is just a trooper. Plays hard. You can't judge him just by his stats. Dude almost brought the Jets back by himself before the last minute INTs. His receivers and o-line did him no favors.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As book-smart as he is, he's significantly idiotic when it comes to protecting himself, sliding when necessary, and throwing the ball away when there's nothing open.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

He's playing football. Not solving quadratic equations. Most of what goes on on a football field could be categorized as "significantly idiotic".

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But what he does is more-so idiotic. He's taking hits and forcing throws that he simply shouldn't be doing. He has physical limitations, but those are decidedly mental limitations as well.

Tom Brady is slow as hell and has physical limitations... but never gets hit badly because he knows how to slide, knows how to get rid of the ball quickly, knows how to throw it away.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Were you watching last night's game? Brady took hit after hit after hit.

He definitely forces throws but I don't think putting his body on the line trying to win a football game is idiotic (my opinion). Might not be the wisest thing to do but usually when Fitzpatrick isn't sliding it's because he is trying to get a first down or a touchdown. That's why his teammates rally around him. Or would you rather have Matt Schaub throwing the ball away at the first sign of the defense crossing the line of scrimmage?

13. SuraGotMadHops

You need a talkin to

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While they did finally get to him, he was still getting the ball out of there (a lot of times simply throwing it away... not forcing interceptions). In the end, getting to Brady is not going to beat the Patriots. You're better off attempting to provide max coverage and hoping your base defense can get past their patchwork line.

Not when you're one big hit/injury away from being useless to your team. That's stupid... not to mention that his accuracy/decision making got decidedly worse after he took the hit to the head.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Fitzpatrick only took 3 sacks and 0 interceptions up until the last couple minutes in the game when they were were desperately trying to tie the game. He was getting rid of the ball or scrambling. Bear in mind he was playing with a hurt left thumb. And unlike the Patriots, the Jets don't have a short passing game that scares opponents.

I honestly was concerned about Brady last night. He too was one hit/injury from being useless to his team. Fitzpatrick is nowhere near Brady. Not even close. But he is a good football player.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... and he's dumb in certain aspects too... that's all.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You guys have to remember...after Fitzy ran into the endzone, Im pretty certain he got concussed. He played the end of that game under foggy conditions. Otherwise, he was pretty solid. He plays with a crazy amount of heart and you gotta respect that about him, regardless of how idiotic it may be.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He looks like just another QB I'd take over Hoyer any day of the week.....like pretty much every QB in the NFL.

For sure, the Texans defense seems to have turned a corner, so it's looking a lot like I gave up on them too soon. I hope they keep it up.

Look, it's cool if you want to keep making excuses for Hoyer and blaming his failures on everyone but him, but I don't think it's going to make him a better QB. When teams care, and they aren't a true bottom feeder, Hoyer is worthless. I wish it weren't the case, but it is.

19. Mr. Clutch

You clearly haven't been watching any games

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's just trying his damndest to do everything he can to prove he wasn't wrong about Hoyer. The problem is he was, and he's now dug a hole clear to China. He thinks that now he can throw out unquantifiable statistics in order to justify that he was right.

Or, he bastardizes every statistic that anyone that knows a thing about football knows doesn't mean a thing - take for instance, when he posted that Hoyer was garbage and had a 28 quarterback rating immediately after he threw a meaningless interception at the half, which dropped his rating off a cliff.

I don't know if it's more pathetic or laughable.