1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I met a real jerk tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Aug 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I was taking my usual run through the neighborhood today. While running I see numerous folks bump stop, roll through or completely disregard stop signs. I tend to wave at them and point to the stop sign when the opportunity arises, usually to no avail. Tonight a fellow completely ran a stop sign and he actually stopped when I waved. He rolled down his window and I told him that he ran that stop sign. He responded "Are you a policeman?". I said, "No, just someone concerned with my safety and the safety of folks pushing strollers and kids riding bikes". His response was "Accidents happen". As I shook my head he said "I run these stop signs just like most people". I responded "I don't" and he didn't say anything else. He drove alongside me for a few moments and eventually turned off onto a side street.

This guy was at least 40 and it absolutely floored me when he said "accidents happen".

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Too bad we can't make an "accident happen" to this jerk.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

My bad, I was in a bad mood and a little drunk. Ssssh, don't tell the cops.

Obviously, I'm just kidding. . . or am I?

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he said "Accidents happen" you should have replied, "Well, obviously. You were born, weren't you?"

Of course, that's the kind of line that you only think about after the opportunity is gone.

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

And you're out of firing range.

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

That dude was hilarious. Don't monitor traffic until you got your badge son. Otherwise keep to the side while we leave tracks on your grandma.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

When I read this title, I thought for sure, bobrek, that you had met the ******* who left me a retaliatory negative feedback on ebay.:mad:

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Solution: The stake-out

Exact revenge on your nemesis by initiating a sting. You will need the following things:
    A walkie-talkie
    A partner
    A bush or sign to hide behind
    Spike strips (like on COPS)
    Super Soaker (minimum 1 liter capacity)
    1 Liter of urine (minimum)

IT'S GO TIME

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Last month I was walking behind a women who was playing those scratch lottery games, and once she lost she just threw them down on the ground. So I said to her, it's no wonder certin areas of this city looked like trash. She responded by saying, "well now you know."
    I felt like slapping the snot out of her, but that wouldn't have been right.
    Other jerk-offs who deserve to be impaled by rusted nails, are the ones who don't cover their mouths in public. I can't stand that. :mad:

That felt pretty good. :)

#9 Roc Paint, Aug 4, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It was actually one of the more invigorating runs I've had in a while.

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

You should have said "Yeah, well I slept with your wife". Thats always gold. Always.

Seriously, I have a jerk story. Back on the 4th of July, my neighbor behind me had a party in his backyard which went on with loud music, loud talking and firewords till about 4am in the morning. The next day, I see a couple of beer cans lining the ledge on my back fence (i.e. someone from the party reached over and put them there). Well, I left them there for several weeks, hoping the neighbor would notice them sticking over the top of the fence and realize that they belong to his guests and would promptly take them down and throw them away. So a few weeks ago, they are still there, so while mowing the lawn, I took the beer cans and set them back on his side of the fence. A week later, they are back on my side. I mow the lawn this weekend and place them back on his side. This afternoon, I get home and not only are the beer cans back on my side, they were thrown over, several of them, onto my lawn. Not only that, he added a few other pieces of trash too.

I thought I was being calm and cool about it by just placing the cans on his side of the fence. I didnt throw them over onto his lawn or anything and I cant believe he wont take responsibility for his guests and their trash. This is all petty, and I am obviously doing my part. I am usually above such things.

I think filing a complaint with the Constable would be a lil much so tomorrow, I am sending a letter to the HOA and CCing a copy to him.

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

unless you have a witty comeback, sometimes it's best to just not say anything and realize, to yourself, that they are just jerks...

i feel your pain... i see people cut through my neighbord (to avoid a light) AND run the stop signs...

i just bite my tongue, hold my finger down and remember that karma's a b*tch........ they'll get theirs.

13. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Next time, write down his license plate number, then find out where he lives by tracing the license plate #, go to his house, and slash his tires during the middle of the night.

14. no_answer

no_answer Member

Yup, it's all about Karma.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

easy red choco, easy.

what can i do with a persons license plate?

can i figure anything about them?

16. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Reverse liscense search on the net. I've done it. Back when I beat up that old lady for cutting me off....

17. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

You can report them as having smog emitting cars... what's that website? smogblahblah.com?

18. Red Chocolate

There are ways to do it online, but it costs money. I am not sure if you can go to the police station and find out for free, but if you really wanted to get someone back for pissing you off on the road, you could always shell out the $$ and get their license plate traced.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I want home addresses, and spouses names, and crap like that.

20. Red Chocolate

I'm sure you can find out their name and address at the very least. You can always get a background check on a person once you know their name and address, then really dig up the goods on them.