1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the Kings won the Title.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Holden, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Holden

Holden Member

...unintelligence...

Samaki Walker hit a three at halftime of game 4 after the buzzer. the Lakers win by one.

When the Kings went up 3-2 they won the series and the championship.everything after that was just an injustice and a fluke. . im so happy for them they deserve it. im melting my bicycle and making a trophy out of it for them and sending it to the maloof brothers. Ralph Nader is right. im voting Green now baby.

I dont remember anything else that happened this season.

rockets
    rockets
    bulls
    bulls
    bulls
    spurs
    lakers
    lakers
    kings

i freaking hate the lakers and i hate you too.

:(

2. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

Dude...I don't remember the Spurs winning. That didn't happen. Really.

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, screw the asterisk. Let's just forget that travesty alltogether.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if the rockets had won the championship the year the spurs did, then everyone would have an asterisk next to all three championships. the first two for no jordan and the third for shortened season and we'd be here gloatin about that third championship and defending it against those who think it's a fluke.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did anyone notice that Samaki Walker three didn't count before NBC pointed it out at the end of the game? They replayed that shot enough times before halftime for everyone to see. So if it was obvious, then I can sort of understand the 'deviousness' of the refs instead of their incompetence. I didn't notice, and I wonder if anyone here can honestly say they did.

It sucks for the Spurs since they did have the best winning record of 15-2 before the Lakers broke it last year. That has to amount for something.

6. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

No the Kings didn't.

I'll tell you what the Kings did do.........miss freethrows, and lots of them.

7. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Holden...

Couldn't you have nestled your post snugly in between one of the Cat's many pissy tantrum posts? This has been rehashed too many times to talk about anymore, let alone start a new topic about. I thought you might have an angle or something insightful, but instead all you give us is: :(

I hate the Lakers, too, but...

SCOREBOARD, YOU WHINY BYATCHES! GET OVER IT!

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I love how I'm singled out for something that multiple people support. I also love how these opinions are "pissy tantrums" just because the great Prempeh disagrees, never once showing the flaws in the argument.

Oh, and I did look at the scoreboard. It said the Lakers shot 27 free throws in the fourth quarter of an elimination game. I don't give a **** about anything else; I saw the games and I know that the Kings are the best team in the NBA, no matter what anyone else says. That's all I care about.

9. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Thats cool. It's just unfortunate that that doesn't get them any rings, championship money, parades, visits to the White House or any of the other good stuff. :p

10. carlit0

carlit0 Member

They just choked.

They were the best till right before the end. Portland did it also.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Unfortunate for them, not for me. ;)

They just choked.

They were the best till right before the end. Portland did it also

The Lakers didn't shoot 27 free throws in the fourth quarter against Portland...

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Cat, that's because you provide the most reasonable arguments, and they're too hard to ignore. But we might as well lay off, nobody's getting anywhere now with this back and forth. The people who are still arguing are the ones who aren't going to change their opinions. Why don't we all agree to stop making clever arguments and b****ing at each other. Half think the Lakers won illegitimately, half think the other side is a bunch of whining losers. Let's leave it at that, agree to disagree, and stop making jabs at each other.

13. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Guess what ... it's extremely hard to please everyone.

14. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I wish there was a smiley that doused himself with gasoline, lit a match and poof!

There have been plenty of points against your argument ever since the Lakers-Kings series went down. Not so much lately, because all but a select few have moved on to new and better and more worthwhile things.

Eventually I will have to concede to everything you say, however, because you have a very tactful strategy of debate -- not listening! Like I said, I think plenty of people have put down your arguments in many of the other threads, but you just refuse to acknowledge them. I'll admit, it's really effective to say after the fact, regardless of what's being bantered about, that "No one has refuted my arguments." Kinda reminds me of when I was a little kid and I covered my ears and screamed at the top of my lungs because I didn't want to hear what other people said.

For me to refute your argument The Cat, I have to know what it is. What is it? Outline it for me...give me a flow chart or something, with a picture of David Stern at the top, his consigliere below and a parade of soldiers below that...(sorry, been watching the GodFather)

Is your argument that the NBA wants the Lakers to win the championship and will go to great lengths to secure it for them?

No, because you wrote in another thread that the NBA probably would have tried to get the series to go seven games regardless of who was in the lead.

No, because if the NBA championship was pre-determined, like you always complain about after the Lakers win a game, or a series, why do you always pick against them when you call your shot before the series starts (the Nets excluded)? Wouldn't you just pick the Lakers out of common sense if you truly believed the NBA was fixed?

The above paragraph is what causes me to believe you are entirely too emotionally attached to your teams (ie teams not called the Lakers). This is what causes people to call you a cry baby and a whiner, because you cling so desperately to these rationalizations of yours to the point where you sound completely IRrational.

If your only point is that the Lakers shouldn't have shot 27 free throws in the 4th qtr -- hey, I don't have a problem with that...it is fishy, to me, too. But if the Kings were truly the best team in the NBA, they would have bounced back in game 7, on home court, hit their free throws and closed it out.

I also love how when the Kings get free throws, it is because they were "agressive" and "going towards the basket." I guess Shaq isn't agressive, or he doesn't go to the basket. No, wait, OR, is it that he is TOO agressive and should be called for offensive fouls every possession?

I don't know, I'm confused. See, you have manged to confuse the Great Prempeh! Congratu-freaking-lations.

Okay, I hope I didn't waste my time writing all that, but I'm guessing I did, because if history is any indication, you only scanned it for words like "cry baby" and "whiner" so you can seek pity and make me feel guilty for "singling you out."

To your credit, the reason I do single you out, is because you actually do make a better argument than the other people who just scream, "I hate the Lakers!...errr...OUT!"

Although not by much :)

15. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

[​IMG]

GB's just having fun... :)

16. Holden

Holden Member

sorry i dont dwell in the NBA dish forum that much...
    i didnt know this had been discussed so much...
    but i think what i think man...
    the kings are the best team in the nba..

17. napster

napster Member

I bet, next, Holden's going to call the Lakers a bunch of phonies.

Please tell me people here *got* that. ;)

18. Holden

Holden Member

i got it....

".....

damn i just whipped out the book to quote something good about phonies but im too drunk too find anything...

....but yeah they are....

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

One day you're going to slip up and forget your frowny face and I'm going to catch you and be like, "Ha ha! You forgot your frowny face!" And you're going to be like "DAMN!" and....

thats it.

PS. C'mon guys, lay off The Cat. How can you guys call him whiny when you're the ones who keep calling him out and bringing this **** up again?

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, the Kings sure were fouling a lot in the fourth quarter of an elimination game. Chokers.