1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Python Swallows Bangladeshi Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Nov 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Help me with this, because I don't know much about how pythons kill their prey...but i'm guessing python constricted around her and crushed her before it began swallowing her...right? the article doesn't say.

http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2003/11/21/1069027339796.html
    Python swallows Bangladeshi woman
    Date: November 22 2003

A python killed and half-swallowed a woman in south-eastern Bangladesh, police said yesterday.

Basanti Tripura, 38, was collecting fruit with a friend in a forest when she was attacked on Tuesday, a police official said. She was swallowed up to her waist.

The python, believed to have been more than three metres long, was killed and the body retrieved, the official said.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No wonder your damn post count is so high.;)

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't believe that story as told--a Python that was 3 meters (10 feet) or around that length is not big enough to take an adult half in.

Now if they said 7 to 9 meters that is a little more plausible (Pythons have been known to reach 30 feet).

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I don't know...Have you ever seen a snake eat? They can open their mouths up wider than you think. I saw a snake last night swallow a whole bat, wings and all. It's a Middle Eastern woman, so she's probably pretty skinny. Plus, 10 feet is also a lot longer than you think. Let's say the woman was 5'3", that could happen pretty easily.

If the headline had read, "Python swallows Alabama woman", then I'd have a hard time believing it.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope she wasn't alive while it was slowing her. That would smart.

6. neXXes

neXXes Member

I have news for you. There are muslim countries outside of the middle east, and there are fat people all over the world. Although since this woman is probably poor, she's probably skinny.

7. A-Train

Gee, thanks for the update, Mr. Brokaw. I had no idea there were fat people outside of the United States. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that most middle eastern people are skinny...

and WTF does being Muslim have to do with anything?

8. underoverup

underoverup Member

I saw a few pictures from an urban legend website of a guy being cut out of a Python --- he lived. :eek:

I'll try and find it -- its pretty gnarly, but not as bad as the weight lifters elbow. YUCK.

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

IMO, Middle Eastern chicks tend to be a little big boned ;)

Plus, dude get an atlas.....this Bangladesh aint even next to the Middle East...specially "south-eastern Bangladesh" :p

11. neXXes

neXXes Member

I was making an assumption that you assumed that Bangladesh was in the middle east because it is a muslim country. I guess I was wrong, sorry. But like pippendagimp said, it wouldn't hurt to look at a map.

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

bangladesh isnt in the middle east
    and based on her name, she isnt muslim

13. A-Train

Oops! My bad...Geography never was my strongest subject.

[​IMG]