1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's time they shoot for longer title reigns so I'm for it.
    I don't want too see anymore 4/5/6/whatever x world champs having too wrestle in stupid IC Title battle royals "too finally make a name for themselves"

A champion should have a name already before winning the belt", winning it twice should be a HUGE deal. Time go back too days when Bret Hart being a 4x champion seemed as unbreakable as Pete Rose's hit streak.

Orton
    Bryan
    Cena

Not a bad start too the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly, some of my favorite stuff was back when Brock was the undisputed champion and he really legitamized that belt for me. I want him to be the beast champion that he should be and I'm sure that's what they are offering him... I just hope he will make a good run at it, at least through mania.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The fight was better than any match. I think one of them is banged up and this was smart not to take a risk and lose another top guy right now.

Either way, I fully expect SummerSlam to perhaps be the most vicious PPV of the year

Cena/Lesnar
    Rollins/Ambrose
    Reigns/Orton or Triple H
    Swagger/Rusev
    Usos/Harper and Rowan
    Jericho/Bray
    Cesaro/Sheamus

I see a whole lot of elbows and stiff stiff kicks in all those matches

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Paige and Aj will be at summerslam too, that would make 7 singles matches, no way they go that direction.

Cena/Lesnar
    Rollins/Ambrose
    Jericho/Bray
    Reigns/Triple H
    Paige/AJ
    Tag team Title match

They may do an IC/US Title unification fatal 4 way or something like that with Sheamus/Cesaro/Miz/Ziggler. There will be some kind of match to get multiple midcarders on the show. Orton will be on the show too, not sure how yet. The new "black guy" stable will be involved too.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I really hope that Rusev eventually wins the U.S. title. That would give even more heat if they still are going to have him and Swagger feuding

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

WE ARE THE NATION OF DOMINATION

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

8. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R3keXn_COpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, this is perfect. Wonder if they'll let KENTA use the GTS now to really rub it in. Kinda like how Kane gets to use the Tombstone now that Taker is seemingly gone, or Luke Harper gets to use the sitout powerbomb with Batista on hiatus.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just thinking about it after watching this weeks raw. Heyman is a terriable manager when it's not lesner. Really dissapointing

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Half way through Day 2 of the NJPW G1 Climax Tourny...amazing stuff. I can't get through clips of WWE and TNA on there youtube pages without snoozing. However, I can get through a 4 hour NJPW show easy.

Kane has been using the Tombstone every since that characters debuted.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's a great manager. But for some reason while they had him managing Cesaro all he did was prop up Lesnar. They completely killed Cesaro's momentum by having Heyman always talk about Lesnar instead of getting Cesaro over. I can't believe how quickly Cesaro lost all momentum after that sick moment at Mania.

Nobody on the planet could have gotten Axel over, talk about a charisma vaccum.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I agree with this. Obviously Paul is really close to Brock so when he sells him he is able to do it with extra juice compared to the other guys.

Anyone else going to Raw this Monday?

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

They could play the jealousy angle with Cesaro, Lesnar and Heyman. Cesaro is the client that gets upset with his agent because his agent (Heyman) focuses too much time on another client (Lesnar). Heyman makes empty promises throughout the storyline and Cesaro finally breaks from the group by turning on Lesnar in the ring costing him gold. Or Lesnar turns on Cesaro eliminating a piece of the pie to make the slices bigger for him and Heyman.

Either way, Cesaro would feud with Lesnar/Heyman until the next ppv. Cesaro gets his full face turn and sheds the need for a manager. Push would be in full effect

14. Voice of Aus

Ryback could of been a star in wwe but they flipped him heel got him stuck with heyman and he put the dagger in his career

Even cm punk got nothing from being with heyman, literally the most pointless guy to have a manager since he is suppose to be a great talker and an outcast.

15. Beavis Stiffler

I think Paul E. should leave managing and stay at working behind-the-scenes backstage stuff like he used to back when he was in ECW.

16. Beavis Stiffler

Tomorrow, Booker T's local wrestling promotion is having a big event at the Civic Center in Humble and will be shown live on internet PPV. Here's the website for more info http://www.realityofwrestling.com/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ESk-eFoCuc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Ryback was never going to be a star. He was always a flash in the pan. Average promo, goofy catchphrase/chant. The feed me **** was just like humming Fandango's song.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yvWsYKc3FFw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Voice of Aus

he was getting over big time, then heyman joined him.

heyman = doesnt elevate the wrestler he managers excluding brock.

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

DO you know what a flash in the pan is? Someone who gets over but cannot sustain it.

He got over because people liked to do the feed me more chant, then it got boring. I said it at the time, people would get over the goofy chant and he would sink to the bottom of the card. He was put with Heyman AFTER he started to regress. Fans started to see through his ****.

There is nothing Heyman did that hurt Ryback. He failed because of his own short comings.