1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[xbox]“Resident Evil 5” Demo Available Exclusively on Xbox LIVE Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 26, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2009/0126-RE5.htm
    “Resident Evil 5” Demo Available Exclusively on Xbox LIVE Today

Xbox 360 is inviting members of Xbox LIVE to be among the first to get hands on with an exclusive, playable demo of the upcoming “Resident Evil 5,” available one week before anywhere else, starting today for Xbox LIVE Gold members.* The launch means that millions of Xbox LIVE members around the globe will get access to this special sneak peek before any other platform.

In preparation for the eagerly awaited arrival on Xbox 360, March 13th 2009, Resident Evil fans will be challenged to be the first to find the secret at www.Xbox.com/RE5, then head to www.residentevil.com/Kijuju to crack the code starting at the end of January.

As part of the demo launched today, fans will be able to get hands-on with new “Resident Evil 5” features including three new levels of single- and two player co-op play (limited to Gold members), characters, weapons and environments. In this latest installment of the renowned survivor-horror franchise, returning “Resident Evil” hero Chris Redfield is joined by new partner Sheva Alomar to take on the frightening effects of the latest bioterrorist attack in the depths of Africa.

For more details, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/residentevil5 or http://www.residentevil.com.

* Available to Xbox LIVE Silver members from 01/29

#1 tinman, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Well **** me running.

I'm so excited I think I might **** my pants and cry at the same time.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

YES! I've been waiting for this game for quite some time...

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I didn't know you were into RE games Tinman! I thought you were just an old school SF fighting nut!

5. tinman

Supporting Member

i'm going to download it and try it out since its a free demo. it looks cool.
    i like games where you go around blasting stuff too.

i just don't like those final fantasy games.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

RE5 seems really fun to play with a friend. The co-op mode seems really neat. I might have to get a next gen system just so I can play with a friend. It sucks though how Sony gimped their system yet the price hasn't drop.

Have you ever played RE4? The gameplay looks really similar.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

if there's coop online play, i think i may get it. the only re i played was on ps1.
    haha

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The first RE was the best one!. Those are the ones with the fix camera angles so it makes the game more scary. Part 4 is when they started turning it into more of a FPS style game. It's still fun though!

9. tinman

Supporting Member

if anyone downloads it, please post your impressions. i'll probably get it late tonight.

game wise, i think i'm not going to purchase many games this year. sf4, and maybe guitar hero wt. conserving $ is gonna be my main goal this year.

10. ClutchCityReturns

To me, the first one was the best because it was the first. On gameplay alone, I think RE:4 is the best game in the series. The old static camera angles were frustrating as hell and they weren't intended to be. The new over the shoulder perspective is allows for more action and actually increases the atmosphere in my opinion because you can't see what's behind you.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The fixed angles I think gives RE games more atmosphere then the newer fps ones. You can hit down and circle button (if you're playing on ps2) and the character spins around really fast so there's really nothing that can sneak up on you.

12. ClutchCityReturns

I still think those fixed camera angles were only scary because they were broken/frustrating. Sort of how it would be more scary if you had to run through a zombie infested room when the controls suddenly reversed themselves at random every few seconds. Actually, that's pretty much what happened when switching between those fixed camera angles.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I dunno but I think the music is more creepy as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jGRZwypXMFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jGRZwypXMFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. tinman

Supporting Member

well, the graphics are very good.
    but i'm just running around blasting zombies.

i like the quicker moving games like gears/halo a little better.
    but its cool.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Meh

I played the demo but it isnt as good as Left 4 Dead imo. Its not a fast enough pace for how I like to play

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Blah Tinman! Killing locust nonstop hurts the hand! You won't even have to split yo screen with a friend like you do with GOW as well! Me hates split screen.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

the demo was good, I guess I'm not use to the controls. Its like I'm running, reloading, blasting, picking up ammo. repeat.

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yeah it looked great but it was short and not scary :(

19. ClutchCityReturns

Despite my initial post in this thread, I was underwhelmed by the demo.

I'm used to the controls since I played RE:4, so that's not the issue. It's something about the setting. It's not scary. Maybe I've been playing too much Left 4 Dead, but the zombies...move...so...slow that it's laughable. For some reason, even when I had 3 zombies in my face while reloading, I wasn't frightened at all. The only time I got a little unnerved was on the 2nd stage where I had to run from the chainsaw guy (but how often does that happen in the real game?).

I think they made a mistake designing levels in broad daylight. It's really just not scary, regardless of who/what is chasing you.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

RE4 just might be one of the greatest games ive ever played. along with re1