1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've got Chandler Parsons, Greg Smith, Toney Douglas and James Harden also, but will have to get them up later tonight (have to run) and will post them all in this thread.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byjfdAi27L4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. nono

nono Member

Just trade him and end this farce.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Where is the farce?

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

A trade with Toronto is a good idea. Asian fan base there is very strong, and Lin will be No. 1 option there, and reunite with Landry Fields.

On the otherwise, Rox got their wish and get Lowery back. Now all the "true" fans get their peace back and continue enjoying every 14th pick season.

Joke aside, thank Clutch for the video.

#4 ivanyy2000, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Agreed.

Lin has no role on this team moving forwards.

Better yet, trade him so he doesn't have to go back to NY/MSG on monday, what's the point?

6. rokit

rokit Member

honestly i don't know how he does it, i'd be going kyle lowry on those dudes

7. Lostie

Lostie Member

Trade Lin for someone who can actually play please.

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

just trade lin

i think its a win win for both parties

9. mirus

mirus Member

i missed this game.what happen ?did he refuse to shoot again?

10. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Seriously, what is the point of having Lin on this team?

I understand (as the rest of the world does) that Lin and Harden don't mix well. Redundant. And since Harden is the max contract player, Lin needs to defer to him, I get all that.

But if you still want/need Lin on this team, then he needs to develop, not wasting away on the bench.

But if Lin has no role on this team and is just trade asset, why is he being de-valued sitting on the bench?

11. TheChosen01

TheChosen01 Member

Mchale is going to Mchale.

12. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

after playing well and setting the tone. Sampson - yes, I see the hands of sampson here, bench JLin for the whole 4th quarter.

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Trade talks start December 15. Time for both the Rockets and Lin to move on.

As evidenced by the tragic event in CT today, life's too short. Sometimes you don't even get to live once.

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are all crazy.

No one hates Lin on the coaching staff.

Lin isn't going anywhere 1/4th of the way through the season.

Douglas played well tonight.

Everyone shut the **** up and enjoy the nice win.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Great defense on Rondo, completely disrupting Celtics' rhythm, facilitating with 7 assists in the first half... 2-6 shooting (including a missed 3 right before halftime).... benched starting at the mid 3rd quarter mark or so and did not find his way back in the game. National ESPN game, and great work by the camera crew constantly panning over to Lin on the bench... can see the dejected look and uneasiness on the bench wondering why he is AGAIN sitting out the 4th Q. HE looked dejected despite the fact the C's were clearly going to lose, and that is very unusual for Lin since he is the biggest cheerleader and always values a win more than individual stats. I wasn't sure it bothered him being benched in previous games. Tonight it was clear how disappointed he was.

16. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch, thanks for making Lin a priority - vs. our coaching staff. I become a Rockets fan because of Lin. I followed the whole 4th quarter wondering when he is coming back. Yes, call me LOF or a non-Rocket fan you "real" rocket fans who are out here for long. If not for Lin, I will not be a Rocket fan.

yeah, "real" fans, feel bad about me for saying it and call me names whatever, fact of the matter is, I go back following NBA after the Lin breakout.

17. instar

instar Member

he's gonna get booed so hard lol. maybe that can get him going.

18. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

I am actually more curious what McHale said about keeping Lin on the bench in the 4th quarter..... The usual "Jeremy will be ok?" I dont need him to tell me Lin will be ok. I need to know what led him to believe the team was better off with Lin on the bench.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thanks for the videos clutch.

20. ninamu

ninamu Member

what the **** r u talking about? ***.