1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Hello Gift to CF Community

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Sep 28, 2012.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Back atcha. We'll take good care of the man.

2. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Haha...I guess 1.3 billion potential customers' needs outweight you. One great motivation for you to learn Mandarin. ;)

3. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Yup. I like here over TDS. I got the sense that most Lin fans on P&T have left. Some long time Knicks fans who disagreed with Dolan on the Lin decision, got disillutioned and left. People remain there are mostly die-hard Knicks fans who are willing to tolerate anything for the sake of loyalty to the team. Some of them even think Felton is as good as, if not better than, Lin. I got the sense that any Lin comments are frowned upon there now, unlike realgm. Realgm Knicks site still keeps an all Lin talk thread.

Enjoy your League Pass in Paris. How fun!

4. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

That sucks.

That sure sucks if you don't know Mandarin. Being Taiwanese American, I would have no problem with the listening but not the writing. Haven't checked what language is used here in France. Anyone knows?

5. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thank you!

By the way, I just bought the tickets today to watch the Rockets vs the Sixers at the Wells Fargo Stadium next January 12th. Not sure if that game is to be broadcasted or not...

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thank you and you too! You are right there were some flips when recently someone posted in P&T that Lin lost 10 lbs. But then others piped in and said once a Knicks always a Knicks. I've never tried the RealGM, but will give it a try now - just got off Reddit reading Daryl Morey's AMA, pretty cool. Really like him, a smart guy like Lin.

7. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you don't know and understand Jeremy Lin, you have had your head in the sand or don't live in the United States. We are inundated with Linformation. No need for more.

Did I just coin something? Linformation? Probably not, but anywhoo, back to not needing any more Lin junk in my life. I can't wait to see him play, but I don't need any more Lin articles.

9. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Sorry. :( Just trying to help the fandom dynamics by fostering understanding.

1 person likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, no Clutchfans could never get enough of J Lin news. Keep it coming. Repped.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please continue to Linform us the Linstant you get Linside news.:grin:

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Don't worry about it. There has just been a ton of Lin news it has gotten a little bit exhausting.. I think people would just like to just watch him play & go on from there.

13. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

So do I.

Yes, Totally agree. I can't wait to watch this team play together and play unselfishly. It will be fun in spite of the expected and necessary ups and downs. But I for one not only would not underestimate them (especially Lin) but also believe they are capable of be the surprise team of 2013. We shall see. As someone has said aptly, Rockets will not lose one way or the other. It's either become the "it" team or getting high draft pick, what can go wrong with either scenario?

14. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

14th pick again would be the worst scenario, and it's still plausible.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As long as Toronto is in the mix, 14 wouldn't be bad if coupled with another lottery pick.

16. don grahamleone

As much as I loved Mobley and Francis, I couldn't stand the way we played then. I think JLin plays unselfishly, but we'll see. I know our rookies are unselfish. You could tell that from all the summer league footage. As long as we don't play isolation offense between Lin and Martin, I'll be happy.

Can't wait for preseason! I'm even thinking about going to the valley to watch some of our practices.

17. don grahamleone

Don't listen to coachbadlee, he's a newbie and posts way too often. Most folks around here have been over Lindulged and Linundated with his Lincessant posts and threads.

18. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Isn't that just what a fan is supposed to do?

Well, I came over to CF from TDS because here people seem to be more "vocal," posting and replying to posts far more than that site. It makes me think that people on this site care more about the team, and that's why I want to be here.

It shouldn't matter how we got here, it matters that now that we are here, we support the team and the players by sharing information and opinions. At times, we agree to diagree. If you go to P&T, you will see a great bball brotherhood or sisterhood (since I am of the latter) conducts themselves in fact-based comments and civil debates.

I just think as a fan, whether a team fan or a player fan, I want to know as much as possible about everyone on the team, especially if someone is a key player.

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Oct. 1 already! At least in my side of the world. Can't wait to hear much news tomorrow :)

20. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

:) same on my side! Isn't today mainland China's national day or something like that?