1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama is fully responsible for the central american immigrant crisis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jul 16, 2014.

1. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

No, you think about. Immigration has always been an issue in this country. Didn't Reagan sign the amnesty bill in 1986? What was the impact of that on illegals? GladiatoRowdy already showed you a graph with the increase of violence in South America. Is Obama responsible for the violence and parents sending their kids out of harm's way?

Looking at some of your posts, everything seems to be black or white with you and 99.5% of the time, you blame Obama. Politics and this immigration issue is a shade of gray and both political parties share the blame for not implementing a flexible long term policy.

I don't think you will ever understand that point. But carry on. Obama will be gone in 2 years and you will find another target who could give a rat's ass about you, while you spend your night and days scouring the internet to copy and paste nonsense.

1 person likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just returned from traveling internationally which involves long lines, lengthy waits, passports, declaration forms, searches, multiple security checks, etc. Thinking about illegals just walking across the border is infuriating. Completely ridiculous. I will remember in November.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Again, the OP titles his thread with his own bias and the proceeds to follow the same formula of his sad "look at me hate all things progressive/Obama" narrative, before allowing anyone to read the article.

Just post the article. Title the thread appropriately.

Your opinion isn't any more valid than the next poster's opinion.

And while I'm here, being in Arizona hits home with this issue. Consider some of the kids impacted by all of this. I'm already dealing with it.

MLK would approach this with tolerance and love, not with blame that comes from deep-seated personal issues.

#63 Codman, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. g1184

g1184 Member

Should have tried walking across the border. I heard the lines are shorter.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope you are being sarcastic.

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I can't see how your experience even relates to the situation you are addressing. Bureaucratically your experience was more stressful, but you did not have to pay a drug organization thousands to spend days in cramped houses, nights avoiding police, and in the case of arizona and california.. trekking miles through mountainous desert to land a minimum wage job.

Damn you and you customs! I bet it was such a pain to pay for a duty free carton of cigarettes!

How does this sway how you are voting? People have been crossing the border illegally for decades, centuries! To be fair, neither party has offered an option, so how could this change anything?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6 stars. Green repped

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The US also has long lines, passports, declaration forms, search and multiple security checks. Not understanding.

On a more relevant point, college educated people are unable to get a green card without hiring a lawyer in America. If US immigration was easier to navigate, we could ensure all these people are documented.

I don't understand the OP. If there is a "loophole" in the law, congress can fix that.