1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

shaq free throw inabilities-unstoppable shaq?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sirhangover, May 23, 2000.

1. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

someone please tell me how he can be considered 'unstoppable' if i or spud webb or anyone else can foul him at any point and send him to the line and then half him miss...its a joke...

basically because he is a freak of nature he is in the nba..but it is a real shame that he cannot hit a FREE throw...he maybe the biggest freak in the nba besides shawn bradley but still you cant make any arguments about the fact that it is a joke...

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

When somebody continuously goes off for 30 pts and 10-15 rebs on you, that's pretty damn-near unstoppable. Yes, you can foul the heck out of him, but what are you going to do? Get your whole team fouled out trying to contain him? Yes, he's a liability at the end of crucial games, but what people are forgetting is that his numbers are so good, the Lakers wouldn't have been in it at the end of many games to begin with if it hadn't been for him.

He is as unstoppable as it gets, whether he's bricking FT's or not. And yes, his FT shooting is a joke.

------------------
    ?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd have to say he's pretty much unstoppable. I don't really see anyone who can put any kind of defense on him. Maybe Zo. Maybe Mutombo, but not for the whole game. Hakeem couldn't even stop him when he was at Orlando. He had to outscore him. And think about it, he's gotten better. He's just a monster and he does have a great touch around the basket. I don't think you can deny that he's the best player in the league. That alone makes him pretty close to unstoppable. Maybe even "un-beatable"

------------------
    humble, but hungry.