1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

nbatalk.com is biased

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gr8-1, Dec 4, 1999.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You know i could see in the early weeks that odom was the clear cut R.o.Y., but according to them, lamar's stock is still rising while steve's play has been the same. When in all actuality, odom's numbers have gone down while steve's have improved. The report even pointed out that Odom is only shooting 42 percent, which is mediocre for a 6'10" forward, yet they think his play is improving.

it also said that "he held his own against Kidd until the Kidd drops 3 assists and game winning lay-up in 2ot." What's the point ? If you go by numbers, steve still outplayed him.

I think even the net.media has a biased against francis because of the vancouver draft mess.

I'm not saying francis is better then odom, but i think its alot closer then they think. If you go by numbers, it is very close. Lamar's have dropped since the opening week, while steve's has improved.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

You have to realize one guy is on the Clippers while the other one is on the Rockets. Makes a hell of a difference.
    That's all that's need to be said.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

i've also wondered about their critique of stevie... odom is certainly going to be incredible, but the roy award will go to the 'right here, right now' player. stevie did suffer in the beginning, while odom flourished (30 pts. 12 rb first nba game? does that sound right). i only hope that for stevie's sake that they judge the roy on position. if stevie averages 22 pts. 11 assists. 6 rebounds, 2~ steals per game, i would think that's comparable/better than 28 points, 13 rebounds...

does anyone know the criteria for roy? alot of it seems to be flash, pure scoring ability...

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Its not rookie of the year - its highlight film of the year. Give Stevie a few more dunks and fancy passes and he'll start to edge out odom.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Odom is only averaging one more point then Steve, he is outrebounding him (but not by much), and stevie has a huge edge in assists and steals.

Also, Lamar only shares the ball with derek anderson (maybe taylor, but isn't he hurt), while stevie shares it with barkley, hakeem, shandon, etc.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

6. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Who really cares what NBATalk thinks. They do not give out awards. They are good at producing articles from newspapers and nothing else.