1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

nbatalk.com is biased

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gr8-1, Dec 4, 1999.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You know i could see in the early weeks that odom was the clear cut R.o.Y., but according to them, lamar's stock is still rising while steve's play has been the same. When in all actuality, odom's numbers have gone down while steve's have improved. The report even pointed out that Odom is only shooting 42 percent, which is mediocre for a 6'10" forward, yet they think his play is improving.

it also said that "he held his own against Kidd until the Kidd drops 3 assists and game winning lay-up in 2ot." What's the point ? If you go by numbers, steve still outplayed him.

I think even the net.media has a biased against francis because of the vancouver draft mess.

I'm not saying francis is better then odom, but i think its alot closer then they think. If you go by numbers, it is very close. Lamar's have dropped since the opening week, while steve's has improved.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

They really like to change the story around, don't they?

In actuality, Francis wasn't even in the game in either overtime! It said something like, "Kidd taught this rookie how to win in the NBA when he hit the game winning layup in 2 OT on him.." Umm, sorry guys, Steve wasn't even in the game at that point in time. And Kidd didn't even do most of his damage until the OT's. It's a shame that the rest of the country won't know the truth about how Steve badly outplayed the league's best point guard. It's sickening.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

They dont give anybody on the rockets respect. Every sports page. If Francis was on another team, everyone would be talking all about him.

Lamar Odom is a good player but Francis is much better player than him. Francis is a leader and a team player. Odom doesnt have the leadership in him and he... IS BORING to watch.

But I dont give a **** what ppl think, I know Steve Francis is the best rookie.

4. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Yeah, I really don't understand why Lamar Odom is thought to be the best rookie by far.

I think it's much closer than that. Francis has been putting up great numbers, especially in the past few games. Odom, on the other hand, got off to a fast start but he has cooled down a bit.
    He doesn't lead the team in many categories like Francis. He's second in scoring and rebounding, on the Clippers.
    Francis has been leading this team, even though two future Hall of Famers are on te Rockets.

I just don't get why so many are down on Francis.

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

5. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Those bastards.com should be replaced with p*rn sites, at least they don't lie.