1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The ONLY trade that makes sense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 5, 2003.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

For the past few months, I've been dead set against any Rockets trades, unless they could pull off some miracle deal against a club that was gunning to clear some cap space for next year. I'm also against trading anyone in the top 8- or 9-man rotation.

HOWEVER...

As much as I hate to say it, it looks like we may very well miss the playoffs. Realistically, we're in 8th place with a b**** of a schedule from here on out, and the 3-time champs steadily climbing upwards. With the trading deadline looming, we need to seriously look at the possibility that we'll end up back in the lottery again -- without a pick this time.

The only trade that makes any sense to me is one that would bring us a first-round pick to replace the one we lost to the Grizzs in the Francis deal. Hopefully without giving up one of our core guys in return. Then we cross our fingers and hope for some more of that Rocket lottery magic.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

MoT for Denver's #1, unprotected of course, perhaps?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hope, for the future of the NBA, that Denver's not that stupid.