1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Is Demarcus Cousins better than Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hardLINer, Nov 23, 2014.

1. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xSNpiMxkzw4?list=UUSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

intresting video about these two guys. do you think cousins caught up on dwight?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Offensively yes.

Defensively no.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Cousins has been much improved defensively, and he is a better offensive player than Dwight

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden has improved defensively too.

I wouldn't say he was as good as LeBron on D tho

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see if the Kings can beat the Pelicans. I think they can do it. They almost defeated the Grizzlies.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

oh, its bballbreakdown

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cousins is a better offensive player hands down. He is as athletic as Dwight, much more fluid, with great handle, can pop the midrange, and can hit free throws.

Defensively he's improving. Overall, based on this year's performance so far, I think he is at least as good as Dwight, if not better. And since he is younger, presumably he will get even better.

I've never been a Cousins fan mainly because of his immature demeanor. We'll see how he behaves down the road.

8. opticon

opticon Member

I think Boogie is a legitimate best player on your team player due to his skill and mean streak.
    I don't think Dwight could be the best player on your team if you expect to win a close 7 game series in the finals.
    I don't think Boogie could play with harden unless it was clear that that he was 1a and harden was 1b.

Dwight is a better complimentary player and a bether defender then cousins.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There's no way Cousins is anywhere near Dwight athletically. He can't get up nearly as fast or high.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

boogie is a legit #1 option on offense. dwight is a good #2, maybe #3 option on a championship team.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL it's not about the skills it's about the maturity. We can see it with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving in Cleveland, anybody can put up stats and look the "next best thing" if they are the centerpiece of their team. The question is, is Boogie the type of guy who can both improve his game and learn well to play with others in order to win games?

My problem with Boogie is while he is a good first option on offense compared to other centers, his FG% is really bad for someone who is supposed to shoot in the paint so how good is he really on offense? I mean if you think about Hakeem yeah he's amazing on offense, but really he is valued because he was an amazing defender and rim protector, does Boogie have it in him to chase perimeter players off the paint? Or is he content to Melo it up and just show up 1-on-1 against good players? At his stage right now I don't think he has the mentality to be a legit superstar like Dwight, he'll put up stats but I don't know if you can actually build a contender around him the way he is right now.

Personally I think Marc Gasol is much closer to surpassing Dwight Howard than Boogie LOL, dude's got a LONG way to go if he we're actually talking about winning basketball.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would rather have Cousins over Dwight, but that has to do with potential and age more then it does with who's better player this exact minute. Cousins is a very good player, and if he's not better then Dwight he's really close.

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Cousins doesn't play above the rim. He does standard dunks any 6'11 guy should be able to and has a very good jump shot and free throw shot. Aside from that Dwight is superior in every other way. When the games on the line and you need a defensive stop it's Dwight that you put in over Demarcus.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

We know you dislike Cousins and the fact that you bring up his fg% shows that you are probably going back to his first couple years in the NBA. He is shooting 52% this year and 49% last year. You say it's bad for someone who is supposed to shoot in the paint well news flash he also takes jump shots too and he rebounds a lot of his misses. He also hasn't played with a PG that can set him up until this year.

Just remember that you said Derrick Favors had way more potential than Cousins because Favors was much younger nevermind the fact that they are basically the same age.

1 person likes this.
  16. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Cousins is better. Gasol is better. Noah is better.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Much better offensively..

Arguably better defensively too. He doesnt get the dumb goaltending calls and is solid and doesn't get pushed bc of his low center of mass

He just can't jump nearly as high which is super overrated anyway.. I'd take cousins if I had the choice

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

ive seen Dwight hit that same bank shot as a Rocket... but thats a bad play

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not sure he is better. Dwight makes everything easier for the guys around him. However, Cousins is a straight baller.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Hakeem was super valued for his offense too. He was our offense. He either scored or drew the double team that got the Rockets the open shot - every possession practically. I'm guessing you weren't around in those days, and I would therefore suggest you not comment on them....