1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I am sitting her listening to Mark Elfinbein on 1310 The Ticket this morning. Anybody who has listened to the ticket over the years knows that Mark is a fan of Houston Sports (particularly the Astros and Rockets).

He was talking about the Houston vs. Dallas game earlier in the week and he said he was talking to a Houston reporter (did not say which one) and asked about Tracy McGrady and when he was coming back. The reporter told him that he asked Adelman earlier how Tracy’s progress was going and Adelman’s response was “He’s coming along but when he gets back I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up”.

Just thought this was interesting and worth posting. I wish I know what sports writers were in Dallas earlier this week (Jonathan Feigan?). Has anyone else heard this in Houston?

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If that is true, then all of this makes a lot of sense, sounds like Adelman does not want him on this team.

Morey is probably working the phones furiously.

Now....all of this may not be true....but it sounds plausible.

And BTW - if this is true, it is exactly why I think the Chronicle is a weak journalistic paper, that kind of quote should be followed up on.....but no way they would.

DD

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I won't be surprised if that's the case. Tmac has been a pain in the a$s. His words, his attitude, his game.

Terrible.

4. Convictedstupid

I wouldnt be surprised if he is traded.

This year is all about developing guys. No point in playing Mcgrady this year if the chances of him resigning are slim, and I just cant see the Rockets resigning him. It wouldnt be a Morey move.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

For those that have followed over the past couple of years, the writing's on the wall. Trick is, Adelman is passive and has never been able to take control of his stars - see Chris Webber destroying the Kings upon his return from microfracture. I'm terrified of that scenario.

I'm not going to hide my feelings - I don't want McGrady to ever play on this team again. Problem is, the Rockets don't have a whole lot of options right now and it's no guarantee that a good deal will appear by the deadline.

Dear Chris Bosh - please privately tell your front office that you have already packed your bags and sold your home in Ontario.

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Chris Bosh will definitely put us on top.

7. jogo

jogo Member

The problem is, he'll have to play for us some and play well to get value in a trade. No one's going to trade for him without seeing him in a few games. So, the February trade deadline is more likely IF we're going to trade him. I could go either way on keeping him, even at his reduced abilities he'd help our team a lot if he can play within the offense. I don't want to trade him for junk.

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Befor the season started they were talking to adleman on media day and they asked him what he plans on doing with this team, and he specifically said that "we really dont have that go to play right now, and if we can get tracy back thats gonna make my job a heck of alot easier". So unless rick has decided that he can easily make the playoffs now, i think this is obviously a misinterpritation of "how he will fit back into the lineup". C-Bud is not the player mcgrady is and isnt worth $23 million in trade bate if healthy. The team is better off if mcgrady plays.

9. DaDakota

Nah, someone that is in financial straights will want his expiring contract, say we take on Biedrens and someone else to make the salaries match...something like that.

A team that wants to blow up what they have and start over. His contract and the insurance money that is paying it will become more valuable as it gets closer to February.

I just hope DM can pull the trigger and get us a big.......we as Rocket fans need to realize that having him play this year will not make us contenders, it is a year to let people grow so that when/if Yao comes back we are ready to take that next step.

I hope DM can pull the trigger for a big and a poisen pill contract.....soon.

DD

10. Convictedstupid

Youre missing the big picture.

This season isnt about making the playoffs or going in a deep playoff run. This time now plus Mcgrady is a one and done team no matter what. This season is about developing chemistry and players, as many of us have said adnaseum.

We arent contenders with Mcgrady anyways, and I really dont think he will resign with us. Why shouldnt we trade him and atleast get something back?

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

why? we still wouldn't have a true big man to hold down the middle. bosh is a pf, where are his minutes going to come from? scola, landry, hayes? we're going to have to trade some of our pieces that we like right now to get him?

no thanks

we should just hope and pray andersen has a sudden skill transformation and turns into a beast

12. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I guess coach Adelman should work on his game plan harder than tell the reporter he has come up with nothing about how he should do to make McGrady fit into the current offensive system.That's just lame! :eek:

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

We don't know if it is true but I belive Tracy and Rick don't have good relationships.

But hopefully they can work it out. If T-Mac comes back HEALTHLY, he can help us. I belive Rick will accept this. Now the question is, will he come back?

14. Convictedstupid

Help us with what? Win 3 or 4 more games while hindering the development of other players?

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

With a healthly Tracy McGrady we are a 6th-8th team in the West.

16. Convictedstupid

Alright sure, but we lose first round, and still hinder development of younger players.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Either way, why so stubborn? Anything can happen. You can't rule out either way. Now he's a cancer all of a sudden?! Before last year he was a veteran who could boost the development of the youngsters. I take it with a grain of salt.

18. Convictedstupid

When did I say he was a cancer.

All I am saying is I would rather develop young players rather than play someone who probably wont be with us next year and get to the playoffs only to lose in the first round.

What do we gain by getting to the playoffs and losing in the first round?

19. DaDakota

Agreed, and that is not what we want.....better to let the young guys learn on the job, play hard, and the team is better next year when Yao gets back.

Tracy is a better wing than anyone on the team, but that doesn't make us that much better.

This is a BUILDING year, not a CONTENDING year.

Tracy does not fit, if he had a longer contract he would....but I think his contract situation is the reason they don't want him...for the most part.

DD

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know. Calm down. IMO Cancer in a wide sense is someone who hinders the development of the players. He need not to be someone who is a dismal teammate but someone who plays selfishly. I don't think he's selfish on the court. I know others would disagree.
    Going to the first round is not a bad idea because the young players could believe it was them who made it without the stars.