1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW vs HOU - Game 5 was Highest Rated NBA Game on ESPN in 3 Years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kruze10, May 29, 2015.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

So James Harden had a bad game. It happens guys, get over it. We are not in the WCF if not for him. You are all probably the same ones saying "the beard" "real mvp" "Bearding" when he's playing well.
    Harden and Howard are the cornerstones and we are one step closer to being champs.
    We will be loved next year, just watch.

2. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

Wasnt the game before that like highest of the post season? Dont give harden to much crap alot of people no harden for balling that game to

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wow thats a lotta haters, and harden's historically terrible game only adds to that. didnt have to go donw like that man :(

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Probably that too but do they have that big a fan base? Curry isn't Bryant, although he is getting there, in terms of fans of an individual player. I think it's also the Rockets possible comeback, especially after dominating the 4th game. People like underdogs.

5. Classic

Classic Member

I'd like to know this!

6. Neped

Neped Member

That's funny

7. Voltik

Voltik Member

These finals will be one of the highest rated finals in the past few years? If so, NBA will solidify ratings as to which teams to favor for finals appearance.

Anyways, the NBA didn't really do much as in favoring the Rox for a Harden vs Curry WCF.

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

At least they got to see Howard put on a great performance.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We will never be loved as long as we have Harden and Howard on the team. Not that it matters...

It just makes it that much sweeter when the haters cry when we win.

10. alethios

alethios Member

Seriously, it doesn't matter because he would much rather have the ring than the MVP trophy. The real damage is that his egg-laying potentially cost the Rockets a realistic shot at the finals.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

went to ball at a local court for 3hrs today here in europe…..everytime someone made a bad pass or dribbled off their foot, people on the sidelines would jokingly yell out harden's name :X

12. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

In past years couldn't we watch playoff games on local channels as well? So that means less people would be watching on national tv.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Get real I'm the biggest homer rockets supporter I know but you have to be kidding me if you thought we were really going to be the first team in 117 tries to come back from 0-3. Harden didn't help in fact I thought he was the worst player on the court that game and I'm a documented harden fan boy I think he's the 2nd best player in the NBA besides Lebron and been calling him top 3 since last year. He also had the most effiecncy 45 point game in playoff history but somhow that doesn't get talked about more than his bad games.

James is doing some pretty amazing things at 25 that litterly only like 5 players in the history of the game have. If basketball fans and worst rockets fans don't want to take notice then that's on them but I won't let them stop me from enjoying watching one of the best basketball players to walk on earth perform and in my favorite teams jersy is even better.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The "popularity" is HOU (and their players) love and hate.... mostly hate.

I'll take it

PT Barnum said all publicity is good

Rockets are good though, to boot. They are flawed, but still championship caliber when healthy and/or with one extra player.... mostly or.

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Speaking of boxing

[​IMG]

16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Think it was more that the Warriors were on the brink of the NBA finals, unfortunately.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

don't the Rockets usually always get good ratings though

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

of those 9 million people, 1 million were Rockets fans, 1 million were GSW fans, and 7 million had just bought their first Curry jersey after seeing him on ESPN so much.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Rockets will challenge 70 wins next season. Not even kidding. Barring injuries of course. I know Morey is going to improve the team, because that's what he does. DMO coming back will make a huge difference. 60 win team as constructed and fully healthy.

20. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

I got mine. It's cool the warriors have sleeved jerseys. ..I can wear one to work.