1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

After Bernthal killed it in season 2 I figured it was inevitable, but I didn't think it would be this soon. Looks like the first season will be prior to the team-up Defenders as well.

[Edit: I misread that, it sounds like he may join up with the others on Defenders before his solo show]

Showrunner will be Steve Lightfoot from Hannibal.

More at the link

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/punis...r-spinoff-officially-on-the-way-first-a141108

#1 seclusion, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sweet. I hope they have a good story though and aren't just pumping this out because people liked him in Daredevil.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Pretty excited for this. Punisher is one of my favorite comic book characters and I really like the actor and character in DD.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thought this would happen. Bernthal's performance on Daredevil demanded it.

With a Punisher series in the works and if Luke Cage is a hit like DD and JJ, I wonder if that would push Netflix past their limit of two Marvel series' per year.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Shaner gonna Shane...:cool:

SF3isBack!! and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Still think they need to do Spider-man as a Netflix series instead of keeping him in films - would be a nice bridge between the Netflix stuff and Hollywood.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) not going to happen. that's probably the least likely marvel superhero to end up on netflix right next to hulk and the x-men.
    b) it would suck. spiderman needs a budget, you can't do the character justice without some cgi going honestly.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

What's left for his story? Jigsaw?

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hard to say, he did say he was going to go after Kingpin. I think that would step on DDs toes a bit though. Who knows?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, Punisher going after Kingpin would be epic, maybe even better than DD vs. Kingpin.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, but how do you end that really? You can't / shouldn't kill off Kingpin, he's one of the only great villains Marvel has going right now. Especially with Kilgrave biting it in Jessica Jones.

If Punisher is after you, either you're dying or he is. I don't know how you could make that a stalemate. Would definitely be fun though.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Cant Wait!

no more p***y morgan mentality like arrow and to some extent DD.

questions for Punisher and Comic book aficionados, who are punishers main enemies in the comics?

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Marvel/Netflix plan three new series?

Haven't read any of these characters comics, but I would leave out Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider seems mindless and one dimensional when in his fighting form (like Hulk) and that doesn't make for an interesting character.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He only seems that way because you watched the Fox Ghost Rider movies, which were ****. Ghost Rider is actually a pretty cool character, and I think they could do him justice on Netflix.

Blade is a no brainer, he's perfect for Netflix, and so is Moon Knight.

It seems like Netflix is essentially a TV version of Marvel's Knights Comic series. They usually focused on the more violent, street level characters, like Daredevil, Elektra, Blade, etc.
    Seems like a great idea honestly.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Describe ghost rider's personality when hes in fire head judgement mode. What are his emotions, desires, etc....

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He's certainly not mindless, which is what you're getting at. Fox chose to portray him that way, along with a lot of other stupid things.

There's many "Riders" if we're talking about Johnny Blaze (which is who most people think of when they're talking about Ghost Rider) -- he's actually a combination of Johnny Blaze and a demon named Zarathos. Occassionally Zarathos will exert control over Johnny and vice versa. In other words, the complete opposite of mindless.

#16 seclusion, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Snipes said he might be back, right? Ghost Rider I cant see working solo unless Marvel doesn't mind losing money first and seeing if it can win some footing. That seems like a lot of special FX money for a fringe-content Netflix show.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't Ghost Rider suffer from the same limitation as Spiderman? Doing the flaming head thing will HAVE to be CGI, which means money. Which means they will limit the time he is in that form. I've never read the comics but the fans will want him in that form as much as possible since that's when he is truly kicking ass.

Definitely need to do Blade. And sign me up as someone else who would love to see Snipes back (and I'm sure his price tag wouldn't be very high).

I don't know anything about Moon Knight.

19. conquistador#11

I've been wanting, for the longest time, to give ghost rider the justice he deserves. what they did to him in 2007 was unforgivable, classless and inhumane.

tinman likes this.
  20. marky :)

marky :) Member

To loosely put it hes like Marvel's batman.