1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating points of emphasis for Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 19, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Obviously Harden got hacked quite a few times in Game 1 with no call, but the less obvious thing that GS repeatedly got away with was moving or otherwise illegal screens.

Bogut is a master of this. There were a couple of times where Curry got open specifically because Bogut stuck his hip out to knock our defender out of position.

I was very happy to see McHale b****ing about the officiating during the postgame press conference. Perhaps he has learned a thing or two from Doc and Carlisle about drawing attention to it.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I agree with you 100%. Those illegal screens are so easy to see. The refs clearly had an agenda though. The Draymond Green incident where he basically tackled and held Ariza down from getting up with the ref looking at the whole thing and made no calls pretty much sums up this whole game. :mad:

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Bogut is one of the best I've ever seen at conceiling some of the BS grabbing he does, but those hip checks should be easy to see.

4. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

No doubt. There is ZERO chance anyone gets away with a non-call if it's someone like Curry or Thompson being held. What really pisses me off is the biased officiating against Howard. Not that I'm a fan of him posting up, I'm not, but the officials let every team get as physical as they want down low just because he's strong. Meanwhile, a soft nudge with some low-post players and they're at the line. The one TO w/ Howard tonight shows he got hammered over the arm.

5. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, under 2 mins 4th Q, brewer was fouled without ball, shouldn't that be 2 free throws plus possession?

6. Houston79Astro

Yes it should be. I'm sure the league will look at that and go "our bad". No worries still played a he'll of a game. If there is one game you want to win on the road it's game 2. Gives you momentum going home.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They're ultra aggressive and constantly are fouling. The Warriors bank on the refs not calling each and every foul they see, and for the most part it works. Lets them get away with a ton.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Green hip check terry right in front of the ref and he didn't call anything.

9. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

After 82 games and the playoffs you think that the refs do not know that Bogut sets illegal screens for Curry and Thompson? They know. They just don't call it.

10. Man

Man Contributing Member

I won't be surprised with players getting frustrated and getting more physical in return. "If you don't call it, then we'll foul in return". Of course, that backfires, fouls called on opposing team.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

To be honest, Dwight gets away with a few illegal screens too. If they actually do call GS on it early, which I highly doubt unless we get Joey Crawfod, then we have to look out on the other end.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you must not watch rockets. dwight is always getting called!!! has been all year.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't need them to call it early, nor do I expect them to call anything on them they don't call on us... I'm all for let 'em play.... just not when "em" is them, and not everyone. And it wasn't just the screens... but tonight we could have won anyway and didn't play well/smart enough. That's on us. Can't expect any favors... gotta go out and show them your better with or without the calls being "even." Good thing is, looks like we can do that.

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Nah, I've seen almost every game this season and yeah he does get called. I'm just saying there's a handful of times where he doesn't screen properly and the refs let it go. But GS is pretty blatant about it and Bogut does a lot of other things inside that should be called.

15. PJ86

PJ86 Member

We all know referees tend to favourite teams like this and I've been thinking it all year long: Warriors get away with A LOT! Curry carries the ball / travels constantly, gets away with push offs, flops, illegal screens by their bigs, over the back and rebounding fouls in general. I thought they were pretty fair except in that 2nd quarter when they clearly called ticky tack fouls and very late whistles just to keep the game close. Those are the worst kind and the NBA will never ever clear that up, because it favours TV ratings when teams make a comeback. We have to be a bit more aggressive though, sending a message to Curry when he gets in the lane and setting a good hard screen on Greene needs to be done at least once. That's not dirty, it's play-off basketball and the Warriors already made excuses if they would lose so let's show em one time!

16. Rocketfanatic2

Dwight really does get no calls. Just because it's a smaller guy shoving him and hacking down low doesn't mean you swallow your whistle. Refs were treating Ezeli as if he was a stud tonight, just doesn't make sense. If the fix is or ever has been in for a team, it has NEVER been on the side of the Rockets.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Warriors meet the Cavs in the finals they'll start calling it. Lebron will look at them and go "WTF you guys?" and the correction will be made then.

18. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

thats how lebron and the cavs blew out the warriors on that tnt thursday night game, but lost to us that same sunday

lebron will be on the officials ass with the stuff the warriors are doing, he has too much power.

when the warriors cant be dirty, cheat, or get away with illegal hacking, screens as you saw SOME of the times tonight klay thompson cant really guard harden and neither can draymon

19. Flop

Flop Member

So why did you post this in my thread with the video regarding the officiating?

It just confirms you hate me for a reason I do not understand. It is evident by this thread that you agree with me verbatim.

Anyways, I finished the second quarter earlier and Windows Movie Maker crashed before I could save it. No one seems interested in me doing it anyways. I am not sure I will.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, so true. I honestly just wish the refs were ****ing consistent...