1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[5/18/15] Great JVG Interview on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, May 18, 2015.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jon did compliment the Rockets from time to time. But he was also biased against the Rockets.

When the Rockets went to Hack-a-Jordan, he talked about how much he hated it. But when the Clippers did it, he talked about how he loved them doing it back to the Rockets.

When Dwight got called for a Flagrant he was lobbying for it the whole time and talked about how there was no play for the ball at all. (In reality Dwight did lead with the shoulder and if that was a flagrant then okay, but he also brought up his and to swing at the ball should it have gone up.)

Then when Barnes put Harden in a bear hug (there was literally no play for the ball at all) and held on to him, Jon talked about how all Barnes was doing was just taking a foul, no big deal.

When an announcer doesn't hold both teams to the same standards in their broadcasting it is reasonable to assume there is a bias.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

What bothered me about this is that Barry acted like we started it. We did start it that game but we didn't start it. They'd just finished using it 27 times or something a game or two before (the night they hilariously complained about how many calls the Rockets got and McHale said stop intentionally fouling then). And they were the first to use it in the series.

I hated that McHale hacked first in the game in question but my reaction to Doc's original hacking was, "Okay? You like that? You want to play that way? We can do this to you too."

I'm going to give Barry the benefit of the doubt on this one and say that's why he was all for it when the Clips did it. Because nobody *likes* the hack. And that night we did indeed do it first.

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

He makes money off NBA betting. Poker is not what made him rich.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

JVG is so good. He is the most level headed, intelligent basketball analyst going today. It also helps that he's a fan of houston sports. Great guy.